255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....it does, doesn't it? Lol

Sent from my VS840 4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice pics guys.

Miescha, I'm from St. Louis, some of those places look familiar. The first one looked like the parking lot at Pere Marquette. Used to ride up the river road every weekend when I lived back home. Best motorcycle road in the midwest, and I've ridden on a lot of them. We would take it from Alton through Graffton. Then take the ferry to Calhoun, go north and cross the bridge in Hardin and go back. A picture perfect 3 hour ride.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Okay these pictures are making me jealous. I can't wait to get the stratoliner out when there is no snow and take some pictures.
So far I would say all the pictures are awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Yep - you know the River Road Fastalon.

I head out from Clayton (St. Louis suburb) and rid up to Alton (pic with mural on wall of building) then head up the river road to graft on and then Pierre Marquette (pic with river house was at Pierre Marquette). Then I continued north and crossed the river at Hardin, made my way over to the Mississippi river again and continued north to Louisiana , MO before turning around and heading home.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys have some awesome pics! Here in KS there ain't a whole lot of awe inspiring scenery, but a ride through the Flint Hills is fantastic. Someday I need to ride more of the country. You guys have great spots!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just got my Roadie in December so I haven't had a chance to pose her with any scenery yet. This one taken in the parking lot at Hobe Sound beach is about the best I have so far.

These were taken by a good friend & successful commercial photographer (also a Yamaha rider) who is building his portfolio of motorcycle pics. They're screen shot images from his desktop so the quality (in his opinion) isn't optimal. I think they're pretty good myself.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great shots! Star bikes are quite photogenic, eh? Lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep - you know the River Road Fastalon.

I head out from Clayton (St. Louis suburb) and rid up to Alton (pic with mural on wall of building) then head up the river road to graft on and then Pierre Marquette (pic with river house was at Pierre Marquette). Then I continued north and crossed the river at Hardin, made my way over to the Mississippi river again and continued north to Louisiana , MO before turning around and heading home.

You go a little further up the road than I ever did. Man, I envy you right now. I'm stationed In South Carolina so there's no chance of hitting the river road up in the forseeable future for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Charleston, but there is no better ride than the river road.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
It is a beautiful ride here in the Midwest. And I'm always surprised by how often riders stop at Grafton or Pierre Marquette and never realize how much more is to the north - it's definitely worth continuing up the road!

Whenever you're back in STL let me know and I'll definitely join you for a ride.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts