Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Beautiful color and congratulations on your new investment! Ride safe and enjoy the pleasures on the roads in Maine..watch out for those moose, too. Visit your state often lots of places to explore. YammyV

·
Registered
359 Posts
Here's a few pics taken while riding around my little island paradise. (Fogo Island, off the northeast coast of Newfoundland) These in fact were all taken within just 5 minutes of my oceanfront home in the village of Island Harbour, on the western shore of the island. I can think of no nicer place to ride... or live.

Glen

·
Registered
359 Posts
Its indeed a beautiful place to be. Its also a small world, everybody knows everybody I suppose.
Yup, everybody knows everybody, and no one ever locks their doors... and they never take their keys out of the ignition. It's like I'm living in Mayberry! (not necessarily a bad thing)

Glen

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here are a few pics from my adventures. This was a random midnight motorcycle ride in downtown DC. One of the only times I can actually enjoy riding there without wanting to cut someone.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
A pic of my Missus cruising down the highway on her new V-Star Custom; just her second time out riding... already looks like a pro! And secondly, a photo taken yesterday, showing our grandson checking out Grandma's new ride!

Glen

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great pics of your wife and grandson! She seems to feel very comfortable on that ride......seeing another female joining the MC sport is awesome. Her ride is beautiful, too.

Ride safe and enjoy, YammyV

·
Registered
359 Posts
Great pics of your wife and grandson! She seems to feel very comfortable on that ride......seeing another female joining the MC sport is awesome. Her ride is beautiful, too.

Ride safe and enjoy, YammyV
Thanks, YammyV!! Yes, it's kinda surprising that even on her first motorcycle ever, she is adapting so well... and learning so quickly... and although a V-Star 650 Custom is certainly not a huge bike, it indeed must have felt that way to a very petite (only 5'-0", 110 lbs) 52 year-old female, who can barely reach the ground, even on a low-slung cruiser! I am very proud of my wife, and am thrilled that we are able to share our love of motorcycles and riding; until recently I never in a million years would have ever believed that she would show any interest in riding! And what great fun it now is to ride together! Our only regret is that it took us 31 years of marriage to experience this kind of fun. Sure we're in our 50's, but we know of so many people much older than us who still get so much enjoyment from their bikes; we should have a lot of good years left in us!

Here's a few more pics from a couple days ago, including a recent shot of my bike... and one more "toy"!

Glen

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Don't have pics of all the nice twisties, cuz well, I needed two hands for those! But like seeing the curves in your photos @tpeach66. Thanks for sharing.

Link to my album of my east coast west coast trip...Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum - YamaMassGirl's Album: East Coast West Coast and Back
Yeah my mom took all those from the back seat of my step dad's bike. Yours are nice too. I don't even try to take pics myself while riding.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Have been following you...and enjoyed your picture album. Though I'm getting up there in age, I hope that I can do some exploring someday not too far in the future. Thanks for sharing! Ride safe~YammyV

101 - 120 of 156 Posts