Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hell ya whats the sound quality like with those speakers mine i can still hear at about 100
(Not that iv tried)

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
344 Posts
Pretty good...I leave it at about 40-45 volume and never have problems hearing it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Very nice Porky. I was looking at a Triumph Speedmaster before I found my V Star 950. Read the 950 had more 'umph'. But that Rocket is a BIG bike!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
That second pic is my new laptop wallpaper.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
[email protected], those old Photobucket images don't even show up anymore on my screen. Which photo did you choose for your wallpaper? (and by the way, how are you still able to see these, when everyone else sees the generic Photobucket "please update your account" message?

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
359 Posts
This one. I still see the pics, don't know how.
Oh, I love that one! It's our shoreline directly in front of our house in Island Harbour, (on Fogo Island) Our house is just out of the frame to the right. Here's a very similar pic of our shoreline, just taken on a different evening, with a bit lower tide.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Revisiting the Blue Ridge Mountains and Skyline Drive. I had such a great solo ride back from TN to MA last September.

Just wanted to share this pic with with you all. (I've recently painted the Batwing and got a taller sheild. Love it!)

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
My last Holiday.

Did this year two long trips, one to Italy and the last one to south of Spain. Got some very nice weather and did a lot of mountain passes.

On top off the Alps.
In Spain the mountains were a little less steep. We did most of the climbing our self.

·
Registered
660 Posts
tpeach66,
Yep, you are correct. Good eyes. I believe it's just outside of Ponca heading south. Lucky you to live around there.

We used Harrison as a base of operations. We left Harrison for home early Sunday morning with fog in the valleys to about half way up the peaks. All we could see were the peaks and ridges all around us as we drove down from Harrison. Quite impressive. As we dropped down into Ponca we rode through the fog and popped out below it in town. The fog was rising and dissipating as the morning wore on as you can tell in the picture. Beautiful stuff.

I believe the run we made a couple of days before is called the moonshine run. Harrison to Jasper, through the mountains and back up to Harrison through Ponca. I highly recommend it. Top notch scenery and just enough twisty mountain roads to keep you on your toes. Some excellent views up on top and excellent forest, and the Buffalo River down low. Some nice places to stop for good eats and adult beverages of which I never partake to excessive excess. Only to normal excess.

The Ozarks Moonshine Run in Arkansas Ride Map

This photo is looking down into the valley where Ponca is. Looks like a lake, but it's just the top of the fog we're about to drive into.

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
As long as we're talking ozarks: here's a few more of the trip north from harrison to cross into Missouri via ferry boat.

My red 950 next to a beemer crossing with us. Randy Dorris striking his superhero pose next to his suzi ku 1400.

How about a shot of my former 650 on a trip down to Washington-on-the-Brazos last spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
This is my previous bike 91 Venture Royale before I had it repainted. It’s the stock color.
Picture was taken in Colorado at Black Canyon of the Gunnison 1st week of October in ‘93. We did an 8 State tour with 20 days on the highway & camping the whole way! It was the best trip we’ve ever done to date, and Colorado in the fall is SPECTACULAR!
Can’t wait to do some more trips like that on the SVTC. Definitely more comfortable as we were running about 500-600 miles per day.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts