Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it’s the life long Harley lover in me, but has anyone tried to change the bars up a bit? I like the bike and all, but think some of the American bagger scene accessories will look awesome on this bike. Im still trying to figure out if I can make a quick disconnect chopped tour pack fit, kind like the look of the Dirty Bird coffin pack. And who else is waiting on a good set of pipes for the bike?

Call me a redneck if you will, but I wanna know other owners have done to kinda make these bikes their own

·
Registered
809 Posts
Maybe it’s the life long Harley lover in me, but has anyone tried to change the bars up a bit? I like the bike and all, but think some of the American bagger scene accessories will look awesome on this bike. Im still trying to figure out if I can make a quick disconnect chopped tour pack fit, kind like the look of the Dirty Bird coffin pack. And who else is waiting on a good set of pipes for the bike?

Call me a redneck if you will, but I wanna know other owners have done to kinda make these bikes their own
Yep...some people have used 3rP handlebar risers. You only have to be careful, if you move them back and down, for I read that they then will interfere with the Gas Filler Lid, and that you have to keep the bike's forks straight ahead for it to have clearance to open.

Here you go:

https://roxspeedfx.com/products/2-pivoting-bar-risers-for-v-twin-bikes

·
Registered
81 Posts
I replaced the stock handle bar with an after market one and it was pretty simple. I used the repair manual as a guide and some of the posts from here (use the search function) and it turned out to be a snap.
From my extensive research on the handle bar to use, I found out some interesting things, and they are: You can use almost any handlebar you want, it just amounts to the work you want to put in it. Also, you need to find out what YOU WANT, then find that handle bar. For example, I purchased and installed a EL Diablo brand 1 !/4 inch handle bar on my 950 that was designed for a Harley. The thing that I made sure would be good is the area that the mounts would be be on is in the 1 inch area on the handle bar. I did have to put a changer on the outside edge of the mounting mounts because the 1 inch distance was about 1/8 inch to narrow, so I filed a changer on the mounts and it works great. It has not loosened up or moved at all. So, all I can recommend is that you spend some time researching it and doing your planning prior to the purchase, and you will end up with the look and feel you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts