Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found out what has been buzzing loudly on my bike at high rpms. It's the headlight. If I reach forward and put my hand on the headlight basket it stops.

When I put new handlebars on I ended up with the control wires and the clutch cable laying against the headlight. I eventually plan to route everything better. I need two holes in the top triple tree to run the control wires through.

Anyone drill the stock triple tree before? I've heard it's safe as long as you don't drill any of the supports.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I finally found out what has been buzzing loudly on my bike at high rpms. It's the headlight. If I reach forward and put my hand on the headlight basket it stops.

When I put new handlebars on I ended up with the control wires and the clutch cable laying against the headlight. I eventually plan to route everything better. I need two holes in the top triple tree to run the control wires through.

Anyone drill the stock triple tree before? I've heard it's safe as long as you don't drill any of the supports.
Don't remember what bike you have (might be time to fill in your profile) ..... but if it's a 650 or 1100, there is no problem at all. I've seen lots of guys do it. I'm sure there isn't an issue with the 950 or 1300 either.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't remember what bike you have (might be time to fill in your profile) ..... but if it's a 650 or 1100, there is no problem at all. I've seen lots of guys do it. I'm sure there isn't an issue with the 950 or 1300 either.
It's a V-Star 650 Custom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts