Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 99 Road Star, my right side mirror is almost completely useless.

I have attempted to adjust it about 100 times, and no matter where I put it, I cant seem to use it to see behind me. About all I can see is my chest / shoulder.

They are stock mirrors, and the left side is perfect, I can use it to see behind me just fine.

I also installed 4" risers over the winter, and still no luck.

It seems like the arm that mounts the mirror just isnt long enough, and alot of the aftermarket mirrors I see for sale are sort of gaudy, IMO.

They are either too radical or too small, or have flames etc...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Mirrors

I don't have a Roadstar but, I'm thinking the mirrors are not much different on my Liner. More for changing lanes than seeing behind me. I adjust the mirrors more to just see the edge of my arm. I can see the other lanes, to see behind me I lean a little to the side.

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I wish I could adjust it to, so I could use it to change lanes.

Theres just not enough adjustment. I might as well ditch the mirror if its not being used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sure you're adjusting it right? Loosen the nut into your controls, swivel the mirror out to where you want it or a little further, hold it in place and tighten the bolt.

If you mean it's too low and you don't want to rotate your bars forward you'll have to pull the controls and drill another hole in the bars for that dimple on the control housing. Then you'll be good to go

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, Ive adjusted it many times, moved the handlebars a bit, but havent moved the switch.

Ill have to take a closer look at drilling a new hole like you mentioned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, I was thinking the lever was connected to the control housing. All you'll have to do is loosen the two allen bolts on the right side controls to rotate them. The clamps will probably be stuck a bit but they'll come loose. Left side should just be regular bold, same idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts