Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Thats what happens when you put Armour All on your tires....

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
is he riding on one of those plastic 'ice rinks' ?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I like watching stunting, especially drifting... that takes serious skill. It also takes a lot of practice which involves failing quite a bit and damaging your bike... I'd cry like a toddler if my bike got banged up.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
its trivial on a dirt bike - and they are mostly plastic.

·
Registered
909 Posts
There's also a big difference between pitching it sideways while dirt tracking and drifting on asphalt. Did the former which is why I hesitate with the latter.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Man, I hate you road-slug for piquing my interest in the Bolt even more to the point that I'm seriously considering buying one. This is the one time I miss having a S.O. to talk me out of it or flat out deny me the purchase.

The tunnel portion starting at 2:21 just sounds so friggin good!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man, I hate you road-slug for piquing my interest in the Bolt even more to the point that I'm seriously considering buying one. This is the one time I miss having a S.O. to talk me out of it or flat out deny me the purchase.

The tunnel portion starting at 2:21 just sounds so friggin good!!

Yamaha does make some bad ass bikes. Anyone who says they do not hold up needs to stop huffin gas fumes!
I saw a pristine 1980s yamaha 650 street bike here for 1500 bucks. Sure was nice.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've owned about eight XS650 twins over the years. That model was bulletproof, had character and a huge aftermarket supply of customizing goodies. Yamaha's XS650 has a deserved reputation for being one of the best production motorcycles ever built.

Kenny knows.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've owned about eight XS650 twins over the years. That model was bulletproof, had character and a huge aftermarket supply of customizing goodies. Yamaha's XS650 has a deserved reputation for being one of the best production motorcycles ever built.

Kenny knows.
Argh! About 8 years ago there was a Yamaha lunch box at a flea market that was in good condition and it was a Kenny Roberts lunch box! I kick myself for not buying it! I think it still had the thermos in it too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a stunt that should never be done.
I sent a link to The Darwin Awards website, and they gave it an "honorable mention" because he hadn't been successful!! (YET)

Doc

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've used that video many times to illustrate how not to ride through a turn. But this dude got the 'hang' of it (no I don't feel bad for writing that).

If you freeze a frame of the guy's rear tire you'll see that the edges are worn away more than the center portion of the tread. Me thinks he does this regularly.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
yes that guy that trashed the bagger leaned his body a bit to the outside of the turn when his bike started to scrap, pushing it even harder into the frame on the pavement. The opposite of what you want to do.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've used that video many times to illustrate how not to ride through a turn. But this dude got the 'hang' of it (no I don't feel bad for writing that).

If you freeze a frame of the guy's rear tire you'll see that the edges are worn away more than the center portion of the tread. Me thinks he does this regularly.
His chicken strips are worn out.
yes that guy that trashed the bagger leaned his body a bit to the outside of the turn when his bike started to scrap, pushing it even harder into the frame on the pavement. The opposite of what you want to do.
He was pushing it was to hard for that tank to take that turn. Looks like he trashed his hand too. Costly crash I would imagine!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts