Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys - I have an 2004 Road Star Siverado Midnight 1700 with carbs. - Love it the bike - Not so much the carbs but it has it's pro's and cons like anything else. Have to fidle with the carbs on cold wisconsin mornings. But I wouldn't trade it up just for EFI.

Anyway - it has the stock exhaust which I never really cared for the look of and have been shopping pipes online. I like the straight look and short shots are pretty good price. The reviews seem all good. But am wondering if I will need to re-jet or not. I did read a couple of review that said that they didn't need to re-jet.

What do you think? Thanks

·
Registered
291 Posts
HI guys - I have an 2004 Road Star Siverado Midnight 1700 with carbs. - Love it the bike - Not so much the carbs but it has it's pro's and cons like anything else. Have to fidle with the carbs on cold wisconsin mornings. But I wouldn't trade it up just for EFI.

Anyway - it has the stock exhaust which I never really cared for the look of and have been shopping pipes online. I like the straight look and short shots are pretty good price. The reviews seem all good. But am wondering if I will need to re-jet or not. I did read a couple of review that said that they didn't need to re-jet.

What do you think? Thanks

Bought mine with Hard Krome longs on it, if it has been jetted it was already done. I really like the look however if I were to pay for exhaust it would be true duals.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True duals are really cool - no doubt. I can get a set of short shots online for $310. I have a feeling that true duals would be wayyy more, plus probably a lot more mechanical work to install...

My stock pipes must have blown out baffles or something because they are way louder now than they were 5,000 miles ago... So I need to replace with something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have the short shots love them and sound freakin great on the 1700. i did the re jet as well. wouldnt go with any other pipe personally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts