Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turns out the fuel tank on my project 1100 is HORRIBLE inside (already tried treating it) and I’ve been trying to find a replacement that isn’t gonna cost me $400 as listed on eBay. Haha, thanks for lookin! :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Having been through this, I can tell you that if you found one for $400, thats a bargain. I couldn't even find a new tank for my 1100 much less a bargain used one. As for the liner, my son had the same problem on his 1300. We found a guy here in Houston that lined it for $500. That was less expensive than an unpainted replacwment tank which cost around $750.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having been through this, I can tell you that if you found one for $400, thats a bargain. I couldn't even find a new tank for my 1100 much less a bargain used one. As for the liner, my son had the same problem on his 1300. We found a guy here in Houston that lined it for $500. That was less expensive than an unpainted replacwment tank which cost around $750.
Yeah, I figured as much. :( thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic
53 Posts
Just keep looking! Even damaged tanks can be expensive, but I found one just the other day on eBay for $100 free shipping. There was a large dent, but seems to be pretty easy to pop out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just keep looking! Even damaged tanks can be expensive, but I found one just the other day on eBay for $100 free shipping. There was a large dent, but seems to be pretty easy to pop out.
yeah, I saw that one but they don’t specify the quality of the tanks innards. Lol, they also didn’t respond to my message ABOUT the quality of the inside. I’m assuming it’s bad if it’s only $100 tho. :/ I may just get the one with the golf ball dent that’s spotless inside for $360.. 🤷🏼

·
Registered
2009 vstar 950, 2014 Bolt r-spec (R.I.P.)
152 Posts
How bad is it though? What did you try treating it with? I've cleaned out some pretty gnarly tanks with evaporust soaks. Might need a couple rounds of 24-48hr soak and shakes. Also, beware of tank liners...the ethanol in fuel can break them down and then you really will need a new tank.

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic
53 Posts
Don't know yet. They didn't say on the post. I took the risk since I'm going to chop it up anyways. I can post some pics once it arrives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts