Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just started a new riding group call the SoCal Star Riders.
I started this group last week and we already have 8 members.
We have 1 Deluxe which is my sled and the rest are Raiders.
I'm looking for some Roadliners and some Stratoliners and any other Star bikes to join up, so if you want to get together with a great group of guys that have passion for their bikes and like to do group rides pm me and I'll let you know how to get in.
The picture below was from our groups first group ride .
Swomack

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So our new group is one week old and we already have 12 members.
It's going to be a great group for sure.
Anyone else that might be interested in joining.
If so pm me and I'll fill you in.
Swo

·
Registered
189 Posts
But your bike will make mine look bad! Haha I live in San Diego, in Ocean Beach actually. I only see one other 'liner in the area. Another guy rides one to school at SDSU and I try to park next to him when I see it. His is burgundy, mine is the midnight... I'll pm you regarding the cruising group. Would be badass to see a group of these together!
Here's a couple pics of my bike, one is next to the strat at school, the other one is on my custom "parking lot" in my yard (haha).

And yes, I'm kinda pissed I had to put a parking permit on the fork, but they're easy to get off w/ heat gun & goo gone...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just bought my 2006 V Star 1100 Classic last week. I live in the South Bay. Would be interested in going on rides in the future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tijuana Toy Run this Sunday

If anybody is in San Diego this weekend, there is a toy run for kids in Tijuana Baja California Mexico. This is an annual event where thousands of motorcycles meet at HD of San Diego (Kearny Mesa) then ride across the border to fill some kids with smiles. THis is the first time I'm going, and first time riding my V Star :). Registration is from 9-10:30 AM Sunday Dec 18. If you don;t want to cross the border, theres another route planned in the states. Hopefully its a nice day.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wouldn't wanna bring my baby across the border, I was nervous enough in my beater car 4 years ago! Haha I hope you have fun on the ride, and wish I knew sooner... I already got roped into going to the Chargers/Ravens game that day.

Swomack: You still unable to receive PM's? Can you post more info about the group?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Would have loved to join you guys but I just move up north from San Diego 2 years ago but ride down there every summer. I will be down there this summer also. Maybe I can look you guys up.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Where up north? The fiancee lives in Sacramento... I rode up there and back last month.
Zenia, we are about 120 miles west of Redbluff in the mountains. Grizzly Mt. Trinity and Humboldt. Redwood and Six Rivers National Forrest. Bear country.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
socal here! I live in SD.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok, I know this thread has been dead a while, but I just joined up. I'm in Escondido. Anything going on?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in San Diego too. I am upgrading tons right now and in the shop for a self caused major oil leak from putting on my new Hard Krome 3" big straights. Lost a nut in the cracks and tried to dig it out with a flat blade crewdriver. I learned my lesson quick. I will PM for the group.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Hey guys, Is this a "guy" only club? I'm a chick but I love to ride my 09 VSTAR 1100 Silverado. PM me with the entry conditions if you aren't exclusive and let's ride!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey guys, Is this a "guy" only club? I'm a chick but I love to ride my 09 VSTAR 1100 Silverado. PM me with the entry conditions if you aren't exclusive and let's ride!
Nope, all genders are welcome! But a pic is required. You, the bike, or both!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 20 of 34 Posts