Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some errands to do around the town. So I bundled up for this cold weather riding and was off on my 1300. About half way around I realized that I had on way to many cloths, Heck it must have gotten close to 60 today. Traffic wasn't to bad, most of the cars stopped for the red lights today. Got the bags full and came home. So it was a good day for tripping around on the bike. If it's nice tomorrow I'll do it again.:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yep. Low 40's in CT although really foggy most of the day. Got out for a quick ride anyway.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Last ride of 2011

I did too. It was only about 40*, and overcast, but I still managed about 110 miles. Not too bad for New Year's Eve in Mid-West Ohio.

·
Registered
451 Posts
It was such a nice day today, so i jumped my bike off and took it out for a little joyride, took it about a mile and i think i hit reserve so i had to jump off my dead battery on the side of the road with the jumper box i carry and basically just sighed and came home.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I didn't ride, but changed my oil & that pain in the ass filter om my 1100. Going for a short ride before watching the Ravens kick the Bengals butt @ 4:00.

·
Administrator
13,713 Posts
temp got up to 78 today. sun was shining. too perfect not to go out. so i got in one last ride in 2011. no jacket, just a tee shirt and went out for about an hour around Lake Travis just before the sun set. perfect

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep, Me & a couple of friends went on a 200 mile trip today. Temp was 60 here in West Tennessee & we are going to ride a 62 round trip sunday & eat lunch. We always try to ride the last day of the year & the first day of the year. Temp is suppose to be 53 sunday. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I ride everyday, took about a 30 mile ride today, found out my right eye waters at 80 even with riding sunglasses on, need a better pair i guess!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Went on our New Years ride yesterday & we had 56 bikes on that one! Weather was sunny & 52 degrees, not too bad for Jan 1st around here. But I think reality may set in for the next 6 to 8 weeks as it usually gets around to being wintertime after the 1st week in January. Everyone be safe this year & keep the rubber side down!!:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I took the first ride of the year also.

I went shopping in overcast low winds and about 50 degrees. It was pretty decent for 1 Jan. But Oh boy, monday was around 20 with the wind to boot. I actually had to put both feet down when stopped because of the gusty winds. The am ride in was ok, lunch more wind, but I was only out for maybe 10 minutes. But the ride home was painful, I'm behind a MS shield, with shield lowers and also bucks lowers so I ended up with frozen hands and my feet were starting to feel it. I was chilled all evening, I get home around 8pm, So Tues and today, I made freinds with my truck again lol. now as per the weather weenies crystal ball, I plan on riding tomorrow.
We had a sudden snow storm yesterday, in a few Maryland areas, it was in the news, they closed some major interstate area's for hours.
All I noticed where thousands of cars parked on the interstate, it was one of those sudden surprise snow storms. It came down hard and fast and stuck and froze. The worst kind.
Like everyone else says for those of us still braving the winter, be careful out there. I love the fun of riding but have been getting more weather savy this year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts