Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Looks like a good deal to me.

Please, no offense intended, but aren't you the guy with huge debts hanging over your head right now? I am sincere when I say that I hope you get beyond your finace problems quickly and get the bike you deserve.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No sir i am not, got that **** handled :) I am a free man again.

I have a buyer for my vstar lined up for 3k so whenever i bite the bullet and decide to upgrade it won't even be much of a loan i need it i even need one by then. I am hoping i find some mega deal in the dead of winter as the spoils of a marriage or a baby on the way.

Also that one in san antonio is a great deal,wonder if it would be worthwhile to go that far to get it.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Well, let me throw this one in. In a shop yesterday, he had maybe a couple dozen new bikes on the floor. As for an ie, he had a brand new Strat(beautiful) for 16900, then 2000 discount +500 in new assy stuff, made me slobber a bit:eek: Here is the kicker, it was a brand new 09. Does that matter:confused: Just talkin here:cool:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im more of a preowned man myself,heck the upgrades on the one damquick listed come out to atleast 4k probably,and they are all things i would want to do. One man's bike will become my treasure.

·
Registered
166 Posts
well it is MINE so let me know....can't ship it to Germany so gotta sell it......

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, let me throw this one in. In a shop yesterday, he had maybe a couple dozen new bikes on the floor. As for an ie, he had a brand new Strat(beautiful) for 16900, then 2000 discount +500 in new assy stuff, made me slobber a bit:eek: Here is the kicker, it was a brand new 09. Does that matter:confused: Just talkin here:cool:
And I'm one of the guys that recently bit on left over 2009's. In fact, won't pick it up until next week.

Asking price started at (gulp) $13,000, ended up well south of 10K with pretty decent price on rather long list of accessories. Kinda of a one shot deal on the accessories (priced on cost plus basis) with tad less of a discount on future accessories.

Traded in Kaw 08 Nomad with 40K plus miles and got more money for trade (well over Kelly) than two Victory dealers offered on left over 2010 and a new 2012. Considering Kaw needed tires I'm more than satisfied with the deal. 09 Strat may be two+ years old, but its new to me.

Now, please don't tell me that 09 was a lemon year or something along those lines......:eek:

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Now, please don't tell me that 09 was a lemon year or something along those lines......:eek:
You should be in good shape, just as long as it isn't on the recall list for blue, gray, and black units. They all had performance issues. Only the black cherry was flawless...:D:D:D

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Don't be confused by the plurality of the "issues" comment. The blue Strats only had one performance issue which was the top speed exceeded the 145MPH full sweep of the tank mounted speedometer. The other colors, especially the maroon, only needs half of the full sweep.

·
Registered
38 Posts
And I'm one of the guys that recently bit on left over 2009's. In fact, won't pick it up until next week.

Asking price started at (gulp) $13,000, ended up well south of 10K with pretty decent price on rather long list of accessories. Kinda of a one shot deal on the accessories (priced on cost plus basis) with tad less of a discount on future accessories.

Traded in Kaw 08 Nomad with 40K plus miles and got more money for trade (well over Kelly) than two Victory dealers offered on left over 2010 and a new 2012. Considering Kaw needed tires I'm more than satisfied with the deal. 09 Strat may be two+ years old, but its new to me.

I bought a used (like new as it was purchase by the original owner on 06-04-11) '09 Standard Stratoliner. It runs great and although I can't vouch for the top speed..............it will run over 100mph easily and quickly. GREAT BIKE. Good luck with you new bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts