Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/awpTGDGdjXg
Seems a little over the top. It's not a safety concern. It's a inherent annoyance. But to sue for it is a bit far. I looked at it as an opportunity to improve my bike. Which I would have done anyway with or without the rattle. What's your thoughts?

·
Registered
155 Posts
This was a brand new bike, I think he's 100% entitled to Yamaha making it right, there should be zero noise coming from the forks. The video is 6 years old but I agree with him 100%. Imagine when he tries to sell the bike and has to try and explain this to the potential buyer afte he takes it out for a test drive and gets that racket from the forks? If I was the potential buyer, I would have walked away from that deal immediately.

So clearly Yamaha was not fixing this to his satisfaction, so he took it to the next level, good for him. I would not let it go either... there's no way I should have to be "improving" my forks within a year of buying a brand new bike. Wonder what ended up happening...

Dan

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was looking at the comments and I see stuff like this is over the top, or do your research, you can fix it with this etc etc. Sorry but this is a brand new bike from the dealer, he shouldn't HAVE to do all that. It's under waranty, there's no friggin way the guy should have had to spend a penny to do anything other than drive it to the dealer and get it fixed properly.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I agree with the previous two posts. Brand new, needs to be fixed.
I would like to know what the outcome of this was...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
he specifically said the exsisting fork problem damaged the steering bearings which i'm assuming are the neck bearings that yamaha had to replace but whats to stop the bearings from going bad again and maybe causing injury yamaha should fix the problem before the guy gets hurt.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm interested to know if motorcycles fall under the Lemon Laws in his state. I had a major issue with a 350Z years ago and had to stick it to Nissan. I can't discuss the settlement terms but can say it was resolved and I made out pretty good. Maybe that's why we haven't heard from this guy again since.

·
Administrator
13,297 Posts
how is this not a safety issue? you hear grinding like that, it's metal on metal. if something's not fitting or secure enough so that it's making that noise, isn't there a good chance it's going to fail while you're riding and potentially cause an accident?

·
Registered
179 Posts
how is this not a safety issue? you hear grinding like that, it's metal on metal. if something's not fitting or secure enough so that it's making that noise, isn't there a good chance it's going to fail while you're riding and potentially cause an accident?
Manufacturers will say anything to deflect blame and avoid increasing their costs. You should have heard some of the crap the Nissan engineer tried to say in the hearing.

Not that either are bad companies, but there are definitely some bad policies in the name of profit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts