Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What a blast - 350+ cafe racers, bobbers, trackers (and me on my V Star - couldn't resist) lording it up around Montreal for the afternoon dressed to the nines. It's more of a cafe racer type deal than a cruiser to be fair (mine is pretty stripped down and vintage looking so I kinda squeaked in - without asking) but what a laugh. Suited and booted, blue skies with beer and a band at the end.

Tally ho!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I just watched "Vintage Tomorrows", documentary on Netflix. Was very interesting. Videos that I've seen on YouTube about the Gentleman's Ride make me think of Steam Punk, which is what this documentary was about.

I know I'm a girl, but I would totally do a Gentleman's Ride.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the cafe racer look - thinking of getting hold of an old Honda CB 750 and working on my own project over the winter, too cool. Here are a couple of pics, one of me lording it up at the top of Mont Royal in my Sunday best, another of the meet-up showing about 1/50th of the bikes that were there and another of us en route...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Good catch YamaMass (and thanks for the compliment) - I had the original seat re-upholstered and styled after the Indian Scout seat. Took the seat to The Guy here in Montreal and spent half a day trawling through his vintage leather and vinyl collection until I found what I was looking for - he did a great job with the paneling and stitching and the brown looks awesome against the satin black paint job (I think anyway!). Here's another photo of the seat -

(I've switched out that stock exhaust for Cobra Speedster Longs now - damn fine pipes)

In fact I kinda call my V Star my V Stout =)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the good vibes guys, this bike really has carved a little home out for itself in my heart. Riding it along with 350 other bikes through Montreal on a cloudless September Sunday was an awesome feeling, one I hope I can have again soon.

The pipes sound fantastic - I'd recommend them to anyone thinking about switching out their stock exhaust. I also installed the Quiet Core baffles to dial them down a bit but seriously thinking about pulling them out an replacing them with the original baffles for sh*ts and giggles. Not to say I don't like the sound of the quietened pipes, I love it. Just wanna tear strips off Quebec with a bit more volume...

Really thinking about a Honda CB 750 for a winter cafe racer project. That ride on Sunday opened my eyes to just how dam cool looking those bikes are. If I can find myself a decent bike in ok condition then I might have a go. Watch this space...

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
I'm with ya on the cafe racer thing. I was given a non-running 74' Honda CB 550 Four, not sure if I'll restore it or turn it into a cafe racer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not too shabby at all, man I could have some fun with that. You ever decide it's too much work and feel compelled to ship it up to Montreal then I for one would not try and convince you otherwise =)

That bike's got cafe racer written large all over it. If you do decide to do it please keep me posted. Would love to hear how you get on!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts