Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get dry mouth due to a prescription I have to take and am considering a hydration pack. Currently looking at a CamelBak 50oz blue and yellow but it's $55. I like the yellow because it's more visible, I even wear yellow gloves and a yellow modular helmet.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,129 Posts
I keep a thermos full of cold water at all times. Thought about hydration pack but decided I was to lazy to keep it clean.

• Haha
Reactions: kje54

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
As long as you use water only, just wash off the straw part and I rinse out the bladder with hot water then roll it up and put it in the freezer until next time. This way if you use water no clean up and keeping it the freeze you don’t have to let it dry or risk getting mold or mildew.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As long as you use water only, just wash off the straw part and I rinse out the bladder with hot water then roll it up and put it in the freezer until next time. This way if you use water no clean up and keeping it the freeze you don’t have to let it dry or risk getting mold or mildew.
What? No vodka? No bathtub gin?

• Haha
Reactions: GARider

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
736 Posts
Fact is, I do not drive/ride away my house without water. That's a new habit from when i lived in the Chicago western suburbs. It's dry down here and HOT, if your Motorcycle or Car breaks down or gets a flat, depending where you are, you could be in for a major problem without water.

I grab a bottle of water, even to go three blocks to the corner store just as sure as i grab the keys. Another thing is my old truck, every ride there is a chance i'll be walking....so far it hasn't let me down. Don't take it very far, only drive 4k a year on a "busy" year. Haven't had a car payment in over 20 years..:D Actually it's been 26 Years since i had a car payment.

I ride my Motorcycle more than my Truck, have for years (since i got back into bikes 11 years ago).

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I decided on this, over a thousand almost excellent ratings, lightweight, waterproof 18L pack with pocket for hydration bladder. It's all I need for now and it's only $16 + change shipped.

·
Registered
2007 VStar 1300
965 Posts
I decided on this, over a thousand almost excellent ratings, lightweight, waterproof 18L pack with pocket for hydration bladder. It's all I need for now and it's only $16 + change shipped.

Keep it clean, specially the mouthpiece area and the fitting. Some suggested draining and keeping it in the freezer....I highly recommend that. It only takes a little bit of slime/mold to ruin your day.
Looks cool too. The yellow and what looks like reflective material on the back.

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keep it clean, specially the mouthpiece area and the fitting. Some suggested draining and keeping it in the freezer....I highly recommend that. It only takes a little bit of slime/mold to ruin your day.
Looks cool too. The yellow and what looks like reflective material on the back.
Now all I'll need is a yellow jacket and I'll look like a yellow beach ball riding down the road............

• Haha
Reactions: GARider
1 - 17 of 17 Posts