Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine told me about this free app for most smart phones. I have only used it a couple of times but it has worked quite well. It uses real time traffic info and also tells you where cops are sitting.

Anyone else use it?

http://www.waze.com/download/

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm trying it on my iPhone right now. I have encountered a few issues where it wanted me to make incorrect turns when getting on/off highways. (It seems to have on/off ramp issues.) I just ignore those and it seems to be ok so far. It might be a real problem if I was in an area that I was completely unfamiliar with.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks interesting, I may have to give it a shot

Sent from my Android using the motorcycle app.

·
Registered
319 Posts
After several days of testing, I uninstalled : it does not really work well (at least in France). Even outside, it can not find the gps signal ...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I downloaded it and have used it for a few days, it seems to work alright around here, I'm not sure I'll keep it since it appears to be more of a game, ill play with it awhile longer.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Am I getting this right? You're using a cellphone imaging map while you're riding a motorcycle?

Please tell me it ain't so...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Am I getting this right? You're using a cellphone imaging map while you're riding a motorcycle?

Please tell me it ain't so...
Ok, it ain't so, besides who has time for that? It would take away for being able to text

·
Administrator
13,286 Posts
don't need it since cops don't seem to pull over cruisers in the south.

rode with a buddy from Texas to the Smokey Mountains and we sped the entire way and passed numerous cops sitting in speed traps along the way. never pulled over. he's been riding for about 30 years down here and says he's never been pulled over. i have yet to be pulled over myself as i know i've passed cops while speeding before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts