Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,173 Posts
The wires show to be different colors before and after connection. Why do you ask? Any issues?

·
Registered
2008 VSTAR 650 classic
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whats th eproblem
[/
Luckily I figured that out. My blinkers up front and in the back are now functioning properly. But now I have to hook up the headlight. (After market). Where does my blue wire connect. I cut the headlight connector from an old harness and connected that to the wires on my bike. (Black,green,and the two yellow wires) As it stands the blue wire is not connected to anything. It should be connected to something am I right. I’m assuming that’s why my headlight is not working. Now I’m talking about the blue wire from the main harness (power) in front.
The blinkers are just a two wire setup. No running lights. Can you clue me in?

whats th eproblem
whats th eproblem
Luckily that problem has been solved. My front and rear blinkers work properly. Now it’s onto the headlight. This is an aftermarket. The wires up front are hooked up to the signal system. My blinkers are a two wire set up. Everything is connected except for the blue wire coming from my harness upfront. I clipped the headlight connector from an old harness and spiced it onto my bike. The black the green to yellow‘s are connected. Just to make it easy to connect this aftermarket light to the headlight harness. Now I have the blue wire by itself. That should be connected somewhere in my ride.it’s my hot wire. What am I missing.

·
Registered
2008 VSTAR 650 classic
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the headlight it’s just a ground the highbeam and low beam wire

1 - 5 of 5 Posts