Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the virus altering our normal daily routines, are you getting the exercise that you normally do. Luckily I'm still working and walk a lot at work. My extra walking, going to store, etc, has lessened some. I'm about 10% down on my monthly mileage. Heck, the app I used even told me to get up and walk more since I'm below my average. Can anyone else beat my 127 miles south far this month.

·
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JimCanaday, that's still a good distance. Keep it up.

Pat, does that No mean you are not getting you normal exercise or you haven't beat my mileage?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Dont track it but getting my exercise for sure. I walk alot in my job. Walk the dog and get some good miles in on my exercise bike in the eve. It has some resistance bands on it so that helps as well. My golf league starts pretty soon and I walk it after work so I am beat by the time I get home. When the weather gets better wife and I get the bicycles out and get a few miles in each week.

·
Registered
561 Posts
They closed the local golf course to be compliant with social distancing. They are allowing it to be used for folks who want to walk. Went out yesterday and walked the front nine (not another soul on the course). Great exercise, beautiful walk surrounded by north Georgia mountains, and I found five golf balls, but it (unfortunately) reminded me how outta shape I've gotten. Back nine tomorrow and then going to try to do every other day.

golf course.JPG

·
Registered
58 Posts
No. Used to play racquetball twice a week with a couple coworkers. Now that we're working from home and the rec building is closed I've been sitting too much. I like your idea of an app to track walking distance. Might inspire me to see what I can do from home. Living in the country I don't have to worry about distancing from others, just if Mother Nature cooperates.

·
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
416 Posts
I wished I could do some exercise but with all the pins and junk in my body holding me together it just makes it worse. I’m lucky enough that I can still ride just not long distance.

I guess my exercise is muscling the bikes around in the garage as it’s still not nice enough to venture out yet.

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
I’m getting mine at work. I weigh 27.8 pounds more in uniform and after lugging that around for 12 hours a shift, I’m good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Taking a walk before lunch - 30 minutes

elliptical machine - 30 minutes at a fast pace

lifting 10 lb dumbells and 34 lb barbell while watching TV in the evening - 20 to 30 minutes

not trying to be Mr Universe, just planning on living to be 100

·
6,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just looked at my fitness app. Over 150 miles walked this month, about average for me, goal is set at 5 miles a day. Even walked over 4 miles yesterday, walked around the hospital parking garage several times to release frustrations.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Two years ago, I picked up a pile of ash logs, as I heated my work shop with wood.
A year ago, I brought in NG, and the last few days have been spent cutting,splitting and piling.
I always love the way wood heats you several times!
The exercise is a plus.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts