Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...do we ride....or do we hide out in the A/C with our boxer...and O.D. on Netflix, chips, beer, two steaks upon the Barbie...

or...do we ride, with wind equaling that from Mount Vesuvius out there on the 401....

Hmmm...ice-cold beer...steaks...perhaps a baked potato...

or broil in Holiday traffic...

For this weekend anyway, A/C, beer and steaks win....with some Frito corn chips here and there....

Joe

·
2,246 Posts
Yeah, gonna be a little warm here. 40+C on Monday. But, I'll probably be out. Season's too short to waste a day off.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
...do we ride....or do we hide out in the A/C with our boxer...and O.D. on Netflix, chips, beer, two steaks upon the Barbie...

or...do we ride, with wind equaling that from Mount Vesuvius out there on the 401....

Hmmm...ice-cold beer...steaks...perhaps a baked potato...

or broil in Holiday traffic...

For this weekend anyway, A/C, beer and steaks win....with some Frito corn chips here and there....

Joe
Well, I’m preparing for our July 4th party. Here a short video that I hope comes through ok.

For those curious, yes I do the fireworks on my property. I’ve got a 34 Channel electronic firing board so all the items are electronically fused.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6y6u8n8oi6asuv/Granet July 4th THROUGH THE YEARS.mov?dl=0

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,660 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well, I’m preparing for our July 4th party. Here a short video that I hope comes through ok.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6y6u8n8oi6asuv/Granet July 4th THROUGH THE YEARS.mov?dl=0
That's a cool video, thanks for posting. The freeze frame shots of fireworks are great. But I didn't see any Texas style BBQ brisket. What's this Texas boy going to eat when I stop by? ����
We smoked 55lbs of ribs for Pete’s sake! Besides, I’ve been to Texas many times and NOBODY does brisket like you guys do and nobody has taught me your secret so far.
Are you offering training WHEN you come over??

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,660 Posts
We smoked 55lbs of ribs for Pete’s sake! Besides, I’ve been to Texas many times and NOBODY does brisket like you guys do and nobody has taught me your secret so far.
The wife does the brisket, so we would both have to come. It seems every part of the country has their own BBQ style. I was born in Virginia, have son that lives in South Carolina, friends in Georgia and while it's all good it ain't Texas style.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The wife does the brisket, so we would both have to come. It seems every part of the country has their own BBQ style. I was born in Virginia, have son that lives in South Carolina, friends in Georgia and while it's all good it ain't Texas style.
I agree with you 100%! Texas BBQ flavor is my favorite!

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Is there a Canadian holiday this weekend? I thought the 24th of May was your summer holiday.

I was in Toronto on july 4th several years ago - the place was deserted and nothing was going on.

?!

·
2,246 Posts
July 1st is Canada Day, KCW - BBQs and fireworks. May 24th is Victoria Day - the official kickoff of summer (as long as it doesn't snow lol)

·
Registered
691 Posts
You want super tasting pulled pork shoulder do it on a webber summit grill at 225 to 250 degrees until the internal temp hits 200 degrees, it will take several hours to cook it on the rotisserie but it will taste fantastic. I use a dry rub called Pit Happens, you can buy it at Bass Pro Shops.

The bark on the pork shoulder after cooking for hours on the rotisserie is just out of this world delicious.

Now you all have me craving some BBQ.

Here is a photo of the last one we did.

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man up and ride, hell I live in heat soaked and humidity flooded southwest Florida nothing stops me from riding, well except those damn screws and nails but they just slow me down.

Hey...you are a Florida sweat-dripping-down-the-back-of-your neck, veteran. LOL! The better looking half of my marriage wants to 'snuggle in' for the next 48 hours. Monday, looks like moderate heat relief, and I've made noise to her, about perhaps shooting up to Tobermory, Ontario. Great White Fish eating from the fish shacks that line the hillsides overlooking the harbor. Up here, we have the Canada Day long weekend, so Monday is also on the hit parade! :)

I think Bill, that you need to mount solid rubber anti-Florida-roofer nail tires on that ride of yours! I can't imagine how you are dealing with this...700-800 dollars of rubber within a month? BTW, do you ride right down the center of the lane? Just wondering. I always keep to the car tire tracking left or right side,...for most of the 'stuff' on the road gets blown to the center of the lane way. Probably preaching to the choir...but I have seen seasoned riders keep dead in the center of the lane...and cringe....

Joe

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You want super tasting pulled pork shoulder do it on a webber summit grill at 225 to 250 degrees until the internal temp hits 200 degrees, it will take several hours to cook it on the rotisserie but it will taste fantastic. I use a dry rub called Pit Happens, you can buy it at Bass Pro Shops.

The bark on the pork shoulder after cooking for hours on the rotisserie is just out of this world delicious.

All this talk of July 4th BBQ'ing...and I need now, to put on a bib....wetting the front of my shirt!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hey...you are a Florida sweat-dripping-down-the-back-of-your neck, veteran. LOL! The better looking half of my marriage wants to 'snuggle in' for the next 48 hours. Monday, looks like moderate heat relief, and I've made noise to her, about perhaps shooting up to Tobermory, Ontario. Great White Fish eating from the fish shacks that line the hillsides overlooking the harbor. Up here, we have the Canada Day long weekend, so Monday is also on the hit parade! :)

I think Bill, that you need to mount solid rubber anti-Florida-roofer nail tires on that ride of yours! I can't imagine how you are dealing with this...700-800 dollars of rubber within a month? BTW, do you ride right down the center of the lane? Just wondering. I always keep to the car tire tracking left or right side,...for most of the 'stuff' on the road gets blown to the center of the lane way. Probably preaching to the choir...but I have seen seasoned riders keep dead in the center of the lane...and cringe....

Joe
I stay in the wheel tracks as much as possible unless it is a bad stretch of road where the weight of trucks have the travel portion sinking and crumbling then I will move over to the center until I am past the bad section of road but mostly I follow the same line as the cars.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

Now that looks SCRUMPTOUS!
I have a huge grill with rotisserie but we hardly ever use the rotisserie function. We seem to always gravitate towards the smoker.
I think we’re gonna have to have everybody over for a few days for a July 4th camping shin dig here! Then we can have all kinds of BBQ.
I’ll talk to my wife and see if she’s game. Maybe next year we can put it out as a “starbike” 4th party at my place?

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
when people come from out of town, esp from other countries, we take them here for lunch or dinner:

https://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

An engineer from Norway was trying to eat ribs with a fork and knife - I had to show him - cut the rib off like this, eat it with your hands, Snarf grunsh knack smack.. then throw the bone over your shoulder...

If you need a destination from Toronto, there is one in buffalo.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
That was one cool fireworks video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Keith! Too bad the camera wasn’t set panoramic. I have it filling the full sky view. My shows are usually about 20 minutes long and stuff is going off continuously!
That’s what military explosives training does for ya!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts