Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone I am looking for a new audio system that will comunicate with my Iphone as well as work with other riders who may not neccasarily have the same system. Is this possible? Not being experienced with these and adding this to making a long trip more enjoyable. Americade here I come!!!!. I would like to be able to use my music in my library. Be able to pick up phone calls and if another rider has another make be able to find them I assume like a CB radio or VHF signal and locate them on the right channel if we were to join up. I realize if there are a huge amout of people its useless, Also if the wife goes riding at times we can speak with each other or she also can listen to music. What is the best microphone boom or I have read that you can tape them also inside your helmet? My homework has only shown two a Chatterbox and a Scala but the reviews are lets say mixed, I dont mind spending the money just a lot of reviews stated they might as well have flushed the money down the toilet? I dont want to make the wrong decision and appreciate your opinions.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,507 Posts
Check out Uclear. I have used one for several years and really like it. The Uclear Plus models will connect to different brands.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
We love our SMH10s but as far as I know you cannot "pick up" other bluetooth headsets. You can "pair" up to four SMH10s.

·
Registered
600 Posts
We love our SMH10s but as far as I know you cannot "pick up" other bluetooth headsets. You can "pair" up to four SMH10s.
The new Sena 20S can connect to other types/brands of headsets. And from what I just read on Sena so can the SMH10's with the latest firmware upgrade. I had the SMH5's and upgraded to the 20S's near end of last season.

"The Universal Intercom is engineered for smarter and wider communications by providing cross-brand interoperability to the users with a conference intercom feature. The advanced technology works seamlessly with Sena headsets and other Bluetooth headsets that support Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile (HFP). The Universal Intercom feature is provided with the new firmware upgrade of the current products, such as the SMH10, SMH10R, SPH10, SPH10H, SPH10H-FM, SMH5 and the SMH5-FM as well as all upcoming new products. You can upgrade now for free to experience the latest technology."

http://www.sena.com/universal_intercom/

Both work great. Sena customer support (when I had the SMH5's) can be a bit of a challenge.. but that is a whole other story ;) It all worked out good in the end, had to get a supervisor involved and bim, bam, boom problem solved. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have Sena SMH10. They work well. I have not paired with a different brand, but according to Sena the new firmware will allow them to pair with other brands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts