Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a weird issue that cropped up recently on my RS Venture. The audio will cut in and out (not always but a lot) and seems to be exacerbated when the throttle is used to accelerate. Does not matter the source (radio, aux, cassette). Sometimes if you press the CB button the sound fully kicks in but not always. I've never used the CB radio otherwise. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,101 Posts
I would first check for a loose ground then loose positive connection. Bike will vibrate a little more upon acceleration and possibly losing connection, doesn't take much. Undo the connections and make sure corrosion hasn't set in. Post back you findings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's kind of what I was thinking in a general sense but thanks for the more specific points on the ground and + connections. Not sure how much I can do personally but I'll try first before I take it in to my local shop. I'll report back eventually.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,101 Posts
Never been around a Venture much but does appear to have an audio fuse. Looks to sit lower and possibly has corroded. Might want to check that first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts