1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,471 Posts
Congrats to both, fine looking rides.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
With the experience Im having with my newly acquired 2000 Royal Star, I think we should start a new monthly recognition: Rescue Bike of the month.

The RS only has 25k miles on it, the previous owner only rode it 2k miles in the last 9 years.

The gas in the tank looked like ice tea. The front tire was 15 years old. The oil had not been changed in 8 years. The spark plugs (all four) were only finger tight. I think it still had the original air filter (very difficult to replace on a Royal Star). The good part was I got it for only $2500, and the bike has been kept indoors and dry for the last 19 years.

The bike is running so much better now that looking back, if I had realized how bad it was running when I took it for a test ride, I dont think I would have bought it. I had never been on a V4 1300 with 4 carbs before, so I didnt really know how it was suppose to run. With the love and attention its getting now, it just gets better and better everytime I replace or adjust something. Also have to add the 16oz can of SeaFoam Ive run thru the gas, 5 ounces per tank, really cleaned the carbs out nicely.

Now that Yamaha is no longer making Vstar cruiser bikes, if anyone wants one their only option is to adopt an orphan from the previous owner. In a sense all newly acquired Vstar bikes will be rescued bikes.

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Excellent point KCW! We should have a VSTAR adoption thread to rescue them and keep them on the road since Yamaha has dropped their line. Big mistake on Yamahas part to drop them, but we can start rescuing them right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts