·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I updated the beginning mileage for August. Every month I at least mess up one reading, so please proof for me. Any one else want to join. There are some of us that don't put up high mileage every month but want to share our wind therapy mileage with everyone. Jump on in and join the fun. I'm going to challenge a few to join, @Keith Post, @KCW, and @bevo1981 (bike is running now).

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I'm not going to win but I just enjoying being in the group. But look at Boots He got a month as a casual rider anything can happen.
When I started this I was looking for a way to get people active and have some fun. I like to win but having fun with it is cool also. We have a pretty solid group. Just wish others would join in.

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I started this I was looking for a way to get people active and have some fun. I like to win but having fun with it is cool also. We have a pretty solid group. Just wish others would join in.
Have had a lotta fun with this and have probably put on a few extra miles because of it. Great idea, Les, and thanks for putting up with us!

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've only got a tad over 400 miles so far. It's just been too hot to pleasure ride.

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should have posted my mileage on the 1st. Im already at 820 miles after a 275 mile ride through the sierras a few days ago!
Make sure and post odometer reading for the September challenge. We have fun with this.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It’s just brutal out there. Heat indices around the 110 mark. Still riding a bit, though. Rode out to Nacogdoches (aka Nacanowhere) last weekend. Beautiful out in the piney woods! Went to SFA years ago...miss living out there. That was a nice 400 mile round trip. Won’t win but I’ll prolly bust 1000 again. Think I have every month of 2019...

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
The heat's not so bad here but my back tire is getting close to the wear bars and I don't want to do any long rides until I get a new one. It's an odd size and I had to order a replacement as it's that time of year when the dealers are getting rid of their bike parts and stocking up on snowmobile accessories. It should be in this week though so I can hopefully get some miles on.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The heat's not so bad here but my back tire is getting close to the wear bars and I don't want to do any long rides until I get a new one. It's an odd size and I had to order a replacement as it's that time of year when the dealers are getting rid of their bike parts and stocking up on snowmobile accessories. It should be in this week though so I can hopefully get some miles on.
Hope it comes in quickly and you can mount it and go. Rack em up while you can! In Texas, August is the WORST month to ride. Heat indices close to 110 consistently.

Avg high in January—our coldest month—is upper 50s. You get some bad ones—high of 30 or so—but you get a lotta sunny days that top out at 58-64. August is like riding through an inferno. Friday my helmet liner was so soaked I could feel the sweat dripping on the back of my neck at 70+...disgusting. At one point I nearly pulled over and puked. GOOD TIMES!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Pretty pathetic here too...

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not many miles, but what I did ride was verrrrry hot mileage.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts