Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband recently performed a surprise! upgrade for himself to a V-Star 1300. He escaped a doghouse visit by gifting me with his now-unneeded 2005 V-Star 650 Classic. Since then I've progressed from wobbling around the neighborhood in partial terror to flying down the local back highways in partial terror, and loving every minute.

He kept it stock since he bought it very gently used in March (yes, his upgrade to a 1300 only took 2 months) but ever since the first morning that it's been officially "mine" I started prettying it up. I think I may have the fever bad...

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure the shear terror will abate :D and you will be getting the fever even worse. Real glad you chose this forum the forumees are the best bunch of people around ;). Don't hesitate to come calling if you need any help trying to cure the fever; lots of women riders on this forum also.

Ride safe and keep it pretty side up.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome from a fellow female rider! The bug has bitten you huh? Don't worry about visiting the doc to get that fever down, the prescription is more riding and lots of mods! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! It's nice to see other women around, too!

I really like the retro look of the Classic and so far I've taken off the saddlebag/racks, the sissy bar and the passenger seat, and I'd like to add a solo rack to have a little something shiny on that curvy fender as well as swap the tires for white walls when replacement time rolls around. That said, I've also been really eying some LED lights for the body - I found some that do a nice, slow color morph - so maybe it won't be STRICTLY retro. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
...and so far I've taken off the saddlebag/racks, the sissy bar and the passenger seat...
Reminds me of a funny thing that happened to me once when I needed a crescent wrench and sent my wife to buy one. Remind me to tell it to you sometime. It is a riot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts