• 7000 - 9000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10,000 & Up

Votes: 7 43.8%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,418 Posts
It's been a tough year mileage wise for me. The multiple surgeries I've had with out of saddle recovery time of over 12 weeks hindered my total mileage. This will be the first time in many, many years that I've not ridden over 10,000 miles. But I was lucky enough with all my out of saddle time to ride over 7,000 miles so far. I do commute daily and take several multiple day trips with my wife. Our Annual Mileage Challenge results will be posted after the first of the year.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
To be honest i don't have a clue how many miles i have on my classic since i got it. I have to look at the odometer but it is usually on trip. My commute to work is only 4 miles as much as i rode it to work. I can tell you from july to september i only put $20 of gas in my truck.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest i don't have a clue how many miles i have on my classic since i got it. I have to look at the odometer but it is usually on trip. My commute to work is only 4 miles as much as i rode it to work. I can tell you from july to september i only put $20 of gas in my truck.
Careful there Deek !
You're going to cause those poor ole oil companies to go broke.

·
Super Moderator
3,075 Posts
My daily commute is fifteen miles round trip plus a couple trips a year. When I lived in LA it was a sixty mile round trip and I put 10 to 15 thousand miles a year. I chose 4000 to 6000 and like it a lot better because it is a lot less commuter miles on LA freeways.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My daily commute is 20 miles total. On that bike, I have 4078 so far this year. (Also my 'run quick errands' bike.) My touring bike has 4952 so far in 2020. I'll be just short of 10K total riding miles.

Edit to add: I'm ashamed to say, I've put 3,578 miles on my 'cage'. But about 2K of was a Thanksgiving trip, OH to OK. Too cold for that long a trip.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm averaging 22000 km (13000 miles) annually - retired and usually ride all year although from Dec to April is sporadic and depending on road surfaces (ice, snow, etc) and temps at least 45ºF - mostly do coffeeshop runs daily of 150 km (90 miles) return trip.

This year I'm looking at carpal tunnel surgery for the right hand so may not get riding until April 2020 - uuuggghh.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,418 Posts
An occasional weekend trip, but mostly commute to work. My wife doesn't understand why the commute in my care is about 20 miles round trip but on the bike its about 80 miles roundtrip.
The unfortunate part for me in Houston, I've got to go 80 miles to get out of traffic. Just noticed you are from the Abilene area. My son lives in Eastland. I'm up there several times a year on my bike. Maybe one of these days we can meet up.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I'm averaging 22000 km (13000 miles) annually - retired and usually ride all year although from Dec to April is sporadic and depending on road surfaces (ice, snow, etc) and temps at least 45ºF - mostly do coffeeshop runs daily of 150 km (90 miles) return trip.

This year I'm looking at carpal tunnel surgery for the right hand so may not get riding until April 2020 - uuuggghh.
Good luck on your surgery hope it goes real well

·
Super Moderator
7,625 Posts
Hope the carpal tunnel surgery goes well too.
I can’t/won’t commute to work as I’m in Uniform and could possibly be a target.
With occasional trips locally and to our annual rally, I average 8k plus miles a year.
Now as for Monica, she does commute to work so her annual mileage is higher than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Hope the carpal tunnel surgery goes well too.
I can’t/won’t commute to work as I’m in Uniform and could possibly be a target.
With occasional trips locally and to our annual rally, I average 8k plus miles a year.
Now as for Monica, she does commute to work so her annual mileage is higher than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am sorry that's how it is but i don't blame you. Society can really suck now a days

·
Registered
495 Posts
3500 to 4000 (in a good year). This year should be higher if I get to some of the longer rides I have planned.
I live six miles from work and could easily commute, I just don't have the heart to crank up a motorcycle at 0430 hrs.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I remember when i got my VTX i told my neighbor i got a new bike and it is real loud. He said that's ok i love the sound of bikes. With the injection it was quieter and i learned the nut on the handle bars has a lot to do with it.I think he liked the fact i told him and would be as quiet as possible. Now with my classic the new neighbor has a harley and said you really ride that thing more than the VTX.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
The wife and I average between 25,000 and 27,000 miles per yr........We put 80,000 miles on a Vstar 650 in 3 1/2 yrs. With the holidays and colder weather we are only getting about 3k mile a month here lately......when we first got the Stratoliner we did 1,000 miles a week

·
Super Moderator
3,936 Posts
I commute to work on mine from late May to early November, which is only 3 or 4 miles each way. On some days the ride home can be considerably longer though. But I ride it everywhere I can during our too short riding season, and usually once a week I hop on and take one of my mystery tours, which can range from 100 miles to several hundred. I put on about 7000 miles a season before mother nature forces me back into the cage in the fall.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts