Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife messaged me a few minutes ago. "It is BEAUTIFUL outside lets take Yammagurl home." Its things like that that lets me know what an awesome lady she is. She knows how much I have fallen in love with riding, and how much I REALLY love riding with her. Who else is as lucky as me to have such a great partner in life?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,932 Posts
For sure I do. She has gone on three trips with me this year, each being over 200 miles. The rides are so nice with her with me. Our first date over 30 years ago was on two wheels.

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
When my wife and I were dating, I told her from the beginning I was a hot rod/motorcycle geek, and have been since I was a little kid. I told her I own and ride my bike as much as possible, weather permitting. I asked her to please try not to change me, and I was not selling my bike, nor giving up my friends that I ride with. She said I'll be right back, and walked out with a helmet and leather jacket. She said I've taken the MSF course, but due to fibromyalgia, I can't grip the clutch lever. However I'll be the best passenger you could ask for. I married her, and she kept her promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When my wife and I were dating, I told her from the beginning I was a hot rod/motorcycle geek, and have been since I was a little kid. I told her I own and ride my bike as much as possible, weather permitting. I asked her to please try not to change me, and I was not selling my bike, nor giving up my friends that I ride with. She said I'll be right back, and walked out with a helmet and leather jacket. She said I've taken the MSF course, but due to fibromyalgia, I can't grip the clutch lever. However I'll be the best passenger you could ask for. I married her, and she kept her promise.

I am sure you have, but did you look into a Max-Scooter like a Suzuki Burgman 650 if she wants to ride? Maybe a Can-Am Spyder. My wife has Carpel Tunnel and cannot work the clutch all day so she has a 500cc scooter. It will run highway speeds all day. I had it up to 90.

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
Actually we have, and we've agreed in the next year or so to look at a can-am.I shopped for one the old Hondamatics, but she said she'd prefer the can-am. She feels she's not strong enough to hold up two wheels, and the can-am has reverse which is also what she prefers.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually we have, and we've agreed in the next year or so to look at a can-am.I shopped for one the old Hondamatics, but she said she'd prefer the can-am. She feels she's not strong enough to hold up two wheels, and the can-am has reverse which is also what she prefers.

She will LOVE the CanAm.. Think of it as a Jetski on the road. That is what it feels like to me at speed. Power steering, ABS, and if you get the Touring one it has enough room to pack for 2 weeks :). Perfect for the retirement.

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
Awesome! I appreciate the info. We've discussed taking a road trip thru the Rockies on one. Last time I was home in SoCal, we looked at one while my brother was shopping for a used Goldwing. They have a ton of features now.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Another very lucky and happy guy here, with a wife who LOVES to ride! She just started out this summer after buying a brand new V-Star Custom, and we are both having the time of our lives riding our bikes together on our little Island paradise off the north coast of Newfoundland. Here's a couple pics of the Missus on her beautiful new V-Star Custom with its "liquid silver" finish.

Glen

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Well, I've missed this thread until now but I have to contribute...my wife gets whiney if I don't take her for rides regularly. She says it's like a meditation for her, which I understand, as riding is somewhat of a Zen-like activity for me, too. Sometimes I'll see our shadow on the ground and she'll have her arms out like she's flying. She's been a good sport about this and about many other aspects of my craziness...flying (and crashing) in ultralights, having wild raptors in the house and helping me perform first-aid on them, helping me perform first-aid on myself, the list goes on and on.

I'm wunna the lucky ones.

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
yeah sure!

All these guys have awesome wives, who just love motorcycles....

funny there are no photos of these mystical wives o_O

Edit: camperBC fixed his posted photos, they were not loading last night.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah sure!

All these guys have awesome wives, who just love motorcycles....

funny there are no photos of this mystical wives o_O
Well that's kinda strange, seeing as I had included pics of my Missus just two posts above yours... and on a motorcycle even.

Glen

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Well that's kinda strange, seeing as I had included pics of my Missus just two posts above yours... and on a motorcycle even.

Glen
they were not loading last night
working ok today

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
yeah sure! funny there are no photos of this mystical wives o_O
Okay, so, rising to the challenge...

At the Outer Banks...

Royal Gorge, CO...

S. Branch of Potomac in WV...

In the woods behind our house...

Sorry, no photos of her on the bike or in any flying machines. You'll just have to take my word for it.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,932 Posts

Wife and I went to Lone Star Rally in Galveston today. Great ride there, great lunch, wife bought me a new bigger sissy bar bag (to carry her stuff in), a few event shirts and then the ride home! Hour and half of total down pour. We made it safe and sound. One of the local TV stations said there was over 400,000 people there and 250,000 bikes, I believe it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts