Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been away from the forum for a little while. Well, I was away this weekend at Babes Ride Out East Coast 2 in Narrowsburg, NY. I know that 550 women registered for the all women's motorcycle campout, but not sure what the official count was.

There were women from all up and down the east coast; from Florida to Canada, and west of, like Pennsylvania, and other states. I just got home before the rain started this evening, and it was a beautiful weekend. I put about 700 miles on my bike, and took an epic 170 mile ride through the Catskills on Saturday.

For those of you who don't know, the founders are from California. They started an all women's motorcycle campout from L.A. area to Joshua tree, ..5? years ago. Well, it got huge, and they did the first Babes Ride Out East Coast just last year.

There were ALL kinds of bikes there, and all kinds of women. We had a blast and it was such a positive vibe. So many of these ladies are artists and crafts people, which I love!

I want to share some photos that I took. Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
YamaMassGirl made it to the big bar sign

and...................... o_O

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
This is very impressive.

Since I got my license 4 years ago I dont think I have seen more than 5 women riding motorcycles, on the road, stopped for gas, at the dealer....

and I have yet to meet 1 in person.

Out of curiosity and for future reference: is May-June called "blackfly season" in the catskills like it is in the Adirondacks (just to the north) ? If you dont immediately know what Im talking about then the answer is no.

·
Super Moderator
6,293 Posts
Welcome back from your trip my friend! Thanks for sharing your adventure and pics. Being a Red Sox fan I really like that tent pic, lol. Glad you got back before the rain hit,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Welcome home. Sounds like your participation in the Babes Ride Out East Coast was grand! Sure you will remember your experience for years. Thanks for sharing all those pics. So happy the rain held out for the Catskill ride Saturday. Weather report for the 35th Americade isn't as promising in the Adirondacks this week. We missed your input the past few days on the forum but glad you are safely home! Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is very impressive.

Since I got my license 4 years ago I dont think I have seen more than 5 women riding motorcycles, on the road, stopped for gas, at the dealer....

and I have yet to meet 1 in person.

Out of curiosity and for future reference: is May-June called "blackfly season" in the catskills like it is in the Adirondacks (just to the north) ? If you dont immediately know what Im talking about then the answer is no.
It was too cold to see many insects. Got down to 43 degrees one night I believe. So I dunno.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great pics YG. I did a practice run as a blocker/security for an all girls ride that will happen on the 8th of July. We had a great time even when it rained. Hope it goes as well as the one you were at.
Where is the run and what is it called?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome home. Sounds like your participation in the Babes Ride Out East Coast was grand! Sure you will remember your experience for years. Thanks for sharing all those pics. So happy the rain held out for the Catskill ride Saturday. Weather report for the 35th Americade isn't as promising in the Adirondacks this week. We missed your input the past few days on the forum but glad you are safely home! Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV
Hope Americade is good. Weather reports can always change. Hopefully for the best! - I won't be able to make that, but hear it's good!

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Weather report for the 35th Americade isn't as promising in the Adirondacks this week. ...
the weather cant stay bad for the entire week.

If you are involved in the Americade week at Lake George you should post a thread on the forum.

This is the first Ive heard of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts