Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8200 miles in, the OEM rear tire has about 4/32 left, so I've started the hunt for new one. Due diligence (searching the forums, etc), lead to the conclusion I was hoping for -- Dunlop makes the Elite 4 radial in the correct size. I'm gonna order it now; I'm hearing that some tires have a 6-10 week lead time.(!) I had American Elite's and E4's on my Ultra, and they worked well. The stock Bridgestones worked well and handled well, but I'm disappointed in the mileage. The metzler cruisetech might be an option, but I can't find much feedback on it.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
8200 miles in, the OEM rear tire has about 4/32 left, so I've started the hunt for new one. Due diligence (searching the forums, etc), lead to the conclusion I was hoping for -- Dunlop makes the Elite 4 radial in the correct size. I'm gonna order it now; I'm hearing that some tires have a 6-10 week lead time.(!) I had American Elite's and E4's on my Ultra, and they worked well. The stock Bridgestones worked well and handled well, but I'm disappointed in the mileage. The metzler cruisetech might be an option, but I can't find much feedback on it.
Let me/us know how these tires work out. What will be the cost for both?
How is the Handling, cornering, wear, ride (any vibration or hop).
I stayed with OEM from WingStuff.com, they had the best price 349 for both, They sell the Dunlop’s but appear to be out of stock.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me/us know how these tires work out. What will be the cost for both?
How is the Handling, cornering, wear, ride (any vibration or hop).
I stayed with OEM from WingStuff.com, they had the best price 349 for both, They sell the Dunlop’s but appear to be out of stock.
The front still looks Ok, so I won't be changing that. I'm headed to Americade in September, will look for a bargain there.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The front still looks Ok, so I won't be changing that. I'm headed to Americade in September, will look for a bargain there.
Nice..Americade. My old neck of the woods. Never been and actually never heard about it until after years later when I moved…enjoy.

·
Registered
412 Posts

Wing stuff.com has tire sets in our size. Most are in stock and the prices are good. Recommend taking a look there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I installed Elite 4's on my SVTC and i just got back from a 5000 mile trip. I have a little over 11,500 miles on the rear and still have rubber left!! I like them!

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
254 Posts
I installed Elite 4's on my SVTC and i just got back from a 5000 mile trip. I have a little over 11,500 miles on the rear and still have rubber left!! I like them!
Wow, best I've gotten out of the Bridgestone OEM is around 8500 miles and I'm pretty much a pussy cat operator, so the extra expense of the E4 sounds like it's well worth it.
Are you runnning an E4 on the front as well?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow, best I've gotten out of the Bridgestone OEM is around 8500 miles and I'm pretty much a pussy cat operator, so the extra expense of the E4 sounds like it's well worth it.
Are you runnning an E4 on the front as well?
yes

·
Registered
Star Eluder
296 Posts
Switched to a rear Elite 4 a couple thousand miles ago and really like it! Still looks new but I'm unable to find a matching front. Luckily the stock Brickstone front seems to work just fine with the Dunlop rear. Unfortunately the front is just about cashed (to wear bar) so I may end up with another Bridgestone just to keep me on the road.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
Switched to a rear Elite 4 a couple thousand miles ago and really like it! Still looks new but I'm unable to find a matching front. Luckily the stock Brickstone front seems to work just fine with the Dunlop rear. Unfortunately the front is just about cashed (to wear bar) so I may end up with another Bridgestone just to keep me on the road.

Again, try wingstuff.com they have them.

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
254 Posts

Americanmototire.com shows the front E4 in stock.

·
Registered
Star Eluder
296 Posts
Americanmototire.com shows the front E4 in stock.
Thanks much @AlanRides

They had 2 tires in Elite 4 front but one was out of stock and it looked like that was a radial which is what I'm looking for. I emailed them to check if the one that was in stock was radial or bias.

·
Registered
Star Eluder
296 Posts
Thanks @ecbaatz

I am looking at the same problem several of that size on wingstuff.com are out of stock and the one that isn't doesn't say if it is radial or bias.

Update: they emailed back and it is out of stock with no ETA.

·
Registered
Star Eluder
296 Posts
Ok found a tire by contacting a bunch of dealers and there are apparently 2 more available on the Honda dealer parts network. So if anyone is looking for an Elite 4 that's your best bet.

So I got it put on the rim and I put it on the bike but have myself concerned I put it on backwards. I have the rotation arrow pointed what I think is right direction but the tread pattern looks backwards. Anyone mind looking at the attached and giving me their opinion. Thanks!

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
254 Posts
Ok found a tire by contacting a bunch of dealers and there are apparently 2 more available on the Honda dealer parts network. So if anyone is looking for an Elite 4 that's your best bet.

So I got it put on the rim and I put it on the bike but have myself concerned I put it on backwards. I have the rotation arrow pointed what I think is right direction but the tread pattern looks backwards. Anyone mind looking at the attached and giving me their opinion. Thanks!

It's on there correctly. Tread pattern faces towards the back of the bike
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Reactions: Vandy

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,126 Posts
The tread is designed to channel water outwards. Does look weird, but works.

·
Registered
2018 Star Venture TC
5 Posts
Wing stuff.com has tire sets in our size. Most are in stock and the prices are good. Recommend taking a look there.
Unfortunately the Bridgestones that WingStuff.com sells are not the Radial 'J' version of the G853 & G852 that are correct for the Star Venture/Eluder. :(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts