Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 stratoliner with vance and hines pipes, and power commander, just purchased, super deal. The engine light stays on, and it back fires when I change gears.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Can you get the error code associated with the check engine light?

Just in case:

1. Press and hold the Reset button
2. Turn ignition to ON and keep holding the Reset button until the word "diag" shows up on the LCD.
3. Now press and hold Reset and Select buttons at the same time which will eventually go to the error code list. Then let go of the buttons.
4. Hit the "Select" or "Reset" button to scroll up and down thru the error(s)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
But I need to add something here for Aussielad's benifit:

Hey Aussielad, he means his bike is back firing:

For those of you who don't know Aussielad very well, here is a picture of him after running out after church gets out. The Pastor makes him take the last "pew" for this very reason.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow liner rider.You do know the grey bikes are the fastest.

·
Registered
923 Posts
But I need to add something here for Aussielad's benifit:

Hey Aussielad, he means his bike is back firing:

For those of you who don't know Aussielad very well, here is a picture of him after running out after church gets out. The Pastor makes him take the last "pew" for this very reason.
Now Wart, you know if not for the "gas" he couldn't have practiced riding all these months on his bicycle.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
O2 sensor

dbdslater,

There is a wiring change that must be made when eliiminating the O2 sensor for the Vance and Hines or the engine light comes on. I cannot find it but it should be in your instructions for the pipes if you have them. Maybe check with Vance and Hines.

Dave

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
dbdslater,

There is a wiring change that must be made when eliiminating the O2 sensor for the Vance and Hines or the engine light comes on. I cannot find it but it should be in your instructions for the pipes if you have them. Maybe check with Vance and Hines.

Dave
+1.

And in order to eliminate a lot of variables, I'd go back to using the stock ECU, evaluate performance, and then re-introduce the PC unit and see what's happening. I'd just about bet the PC unit is at least half your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts