Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just picked up a nice '05 Midnight Silverado Road Star and love it!! I have been riding for about 40 years but haven't had a bike for the last 2 years. It feels really good to ride again!! I have the cast aluminum wheels and looking for some suggestions on polishing them up so they are SHINY!! Yes, I do love the chrome on Black but not overdone. I also would like to know where to buy the crossover part that goes on after you remove the rear passenger seat and upright bracket. Like the solo seat bagger look and that looks like a simple transition. Had an '03 anniversary Roadie and like it but this 1700 is awesome!! I appreciate any advice you have on these topics. Thanks,Mike!!!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Welcome to the forum and you have one nice bike:rolleyes: If you just wont the wheels to look stock then a sos pad works well and then some clear coat. But if you wont them shine like chrome :D it would be more work and maybe off the bike. I have had good luck in polishing a lot of my stock parts with steel wool and a 4"polishing wheel in a air tool. A lot of work but they can be made to look like chrome:D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. That is a very good lookn motorbike. Keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the forum starnut...which sounds like they would be a little painful (all those points and stuff). You might want to try a little ice on those!

Enough jokes. Great looking bike and groovy shirt! Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts