Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I should say hello to fellow Star lovers. Just got an '05 V-star 1100. Rode it for a few days and put it in the shop for a checkout by professionals. I usually wrench on my own stuff, but this is my first bike in about 35 years, so I didn't trust my own skills just yet. I've already learned a lot by lurking the last few days, so thanks to all who contribute here.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome to forum. Wise move to have professionals check it out for you. Lots of changes over years and best to get yourself oriented again with your new investment. It looks like a great bike to ride and love the color! You will enjoy it for sure.

Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Nice intro and with a pic! Way to go! Great looking bike and a smart move to have it checked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Nice bike BPounds. Welcome and I expect it will be a good reliable bike like mine. The seat looks stock. If you plan to go on any long rides, that might be a good upgrade to invest in. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Nice looking bike and you're going to find it a pleasure to ride. I got back into biking on an 1100 as well and they're the perfect bike to do it on. Plenty of power, easy to handle, and very reliable. I agree with Boots on the stock seat - it's good for about an hour before I start squirming. Make sure you read Les's links, especially about starting the 1100 - very important. Otherwise, excellent bikes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina from a retired biker...(too old).

The 1100 is a very, very nice bike and yours is pristine in appearance....I hope you have great enjoyment from it and also may I add that a biking hiatus is not too hard to overcome with careful riding and maybe consider the motorcycle safety foundation riders course. I had a hiatus of 57 years and managed to get back into the swing of riding in a few months of careful riding..I was blessed to have ten years of riding before hanging up the helmet for good in 2018.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts