Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two years ago I traded all my bikes for a CanAm Spyder RS S. Yesterday (May 4) I found a low mileage XV 250 and fell for it. The dealership didn't know much of its history. It is a 2010 with less than 400 miles. Tires, of course, are also ten years old, so I will have to watch them. The bike looks like it was stored indoors, and the tires don't have any cracking or checking and still feel soft to the the fingernail check. Its former owner added a windshield and crash bar. I have not looked for a date on the battery. They didn't have the owners manual, but they found a manual for a 2007 which is probably the same. There is no visible rust in the gas tank. It ran just fine on the way home. With any luck it should last me for a long time.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,528 Posts

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
very nice

unless you will be riding in the cold I would take the windshield off

I can feel the difference with the windshield on my 650, it will affect the ride on your 250

besides, the point of riding is to be out in the wind and the air - it will feel like a different bike with the WS in the garage

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee. Any pics you’d like to share with us? We love pics! Glad you joined us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Great looking bike! I agree about leaning in the corners, you’re gonna have a blast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts