Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

Old guys rule!

Really, they do, I even have a T-Shirt that proclaims this as fact!
Actually, it's mostly old rich white guys who rule... literally not figuratively. The kind who don't wear t-shirts...:eek:

BTW: welcome!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcome

got the bike to save on gas.drive 80mi rnd trip to work a day in dodge truck cost 19$ in gas per.day.couldnt find car with less than 120000 for the budget wife and i had.so she mentioned a bike yes my wife said bike.so i jumped on that like stink on a skunk.found this one with only 8300mi all stock.black no markings great cond. BIG difference than what i use to ride.this is like sitting on the back of a frikn horse.its so wide.got over a thousand miles on her now and i love it. have a safe ride people.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Welcome, I should say welcome back!
You rode before people had computers which wasnt all that long ago yet seems like forever.
Be safe, sounds like a nice ride, amazing, a lot of good bikes out there with low mileage.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, when the other half even whispers bike you'd better jump on it fast before she changes her mind:) Good Job, that is like when my wife said we should get a biker bike for 2 up---- Own the Strat now:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Look at it this way: You might be an old guy, but you can take pride in your 'junior membership', and the fact that you're still working.

Great looking 'ride'.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
low miles/still working

ya here in oregon its not hard to find a older bike with low miles.the summer is not long here and the nw. is known for its rain.so if your a fair weather rider your bike miles will stay low for many years.when i was young and dumb i road as long as it didnt ice up or snow.now i am old and stupid i told my wife i would get rain gear to ride in winter to save gas.like i said old and stupid.there is a place on I5 called terwiligar curves many accidents in good weather and many semi trucks tip over.people at work think i am crazy to ride there in bad weather its dangeras enough in a car.i think she took extra life insurance out on me.as my job ya i can say i have never been with out a job in my working carrier but the place i am at has gotten very bad the past 8 to 9 years.cant wait to get the ....... out.only thing i can look forward to is riding my bike to work and riding home.
its hard to believe its been thirty years before computers where in every house and now if you leave home without your cell or Ipad its a big crises.
i think that covers everyone SORRY if i tend to ramble my wife doesnt want to talk about what i like,bikes/hunting/target shooting.exc.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You feel free to ramble as much as you want .i for one enjoyed reading what you wrote. Welcome to the group.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :) Us proud NorthWesterners call that wet stuff 'liquid sunshine'

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
luggage rack

thanks coca.i built a luggage rack for my v star it turned out pretty good.i was not going to pay 130$ for 5 bucks worth of steel and when i get my trunk you will hardly see it any way.with my job i build a lot of items out of sheet metal and steel.if you watch occ i can cut bend and shape sheet metal just like the can.if i can figure out how to post pictures i will put my bike and a pic. of rack on. i am a computer dumb a..... i will have to get my wife to help me.

have a safe weekend gang.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts