Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G’Day all.

I really hope now I can be on here more often than I’ve been able to unlike before when I was a regular part of the forum welcome wagon and general all round clown.

After another four months off the road I got back out there a couple of weeks ago and have been loving the riding again. I can’t get out as much as I’d like but like the rest of you, when I get out there I make the most of it.

As you can see she finally has two wheels again. Was starting to think I was never going to get her of the blocks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Beautiful!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome back :D Now you can help us figure out why we haven't heard from 'la magruda' in a while :confused:

·
Registered
440 Posts
What a gorgeous ride! Simply stunning!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Glad to have you back Aussielad! I gotta say I enjoy looking at your bike! That is a very good looking scoot!

Hope all is well with you and the Mrs.! Looking forward to your down-under take on everything again!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Beautiful Ride!! Glad you are back on her again.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys it's great to be back, I should have said earlier too that the challenges that life throws at us sometimes is what has kept me from being on here much, not the bike being off the road. Thanks for asking after the missus Roxtar, we are doing well. Just coming into winter here as most of you guys go into summer.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL scooter Aussielad.
And glad you're back with us other clowns.

Thanks Wart, and I thought I left all the clowning behind. This is me some years ago.

I was a member of the dreaded Sydney Clowns. We used to wreak havoc wherever we went, terrifying old ladies with our hand held horns, scaring children with our pop guns, taking over footpaths with our minature unicycles and loved watching folkes run away as we kicked each other up the backside. I had to hang up the make up, baggy pants and big shoes long ago though.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Does the nurse make house calls?:eek:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does the nurse make house calls?:eek:
Actually Heelsfan that nurse is none other than our own Dan (Farmalldanzil) Raines during his drag phase, he had a bit of a thing for clowns and used to follow me everywhere. Up close he didn't look too hot though!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome back, I like that front fender on your Classic where did you get it doesn't look stock.
Thanks Oldride, bit of a story with the fender. As far as I'm aware it's stock but when I first bought her she needed a bit of doing up. The front fender was a different colour after some damage that had been bashed out. There were also three holes in the top/front of the fender which held a metal eagle head (removed before I bought the bike) I started looking on ebay for something to cover those holes and found a company in the states that replicates old fender lights. I found a 1950's HD Panhead fender light, emailed them the measurements of the holes in my fender and their Panhead light was the same measurements. I've never bothered to hook up the electrical side and was initially just after something to cover the holes but it came up really nice. The bike is custom colour, was originally Black and Red, now Pearl White Metallic and Toffee (deep metallic gold). She is one of the first VStars, a 98 and now 14 years old. Hope to keep her as long as I can as I certainly can't afford another.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Actually Heelsfan that nurse is none other than our own Dan (Farmalldanzil) Raines during his drag phase, he had a bit of a thing for clowns and used to follow me everywhere. Up close he didn't look too hot though!

Thanks. now I have to clean all the Mt dew out of my keyboard!!! Too damn funny!!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Great to see you back in full form, Aussie:D Seems you have not disposed of your quiet huge repertoier of pics:D

You are like a breath of fresh air, got some of the old boys postin neat stuff like before:eek:;)

Seems some want to talk only bout cycles and **** like that:eek: Seem to think this is a bike forum or something:rolleyes:

Again, great to see you again my friend! Hang tough:cool:

Ride Safe:cool:
(by the way, your bike looks downright spiffy!!)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts