Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I am new to this forum . This past summer I totaled my Suzuki C50 on the Blue Ridge Parkway and I just purchaed a 2009 950 tourer( haven't even picked it up yet). My first bike was a 1974 Yamaha RD350 so I have been the Yamaha route before. I am looking forward to 'learning' the little idiosycrasies of the new bike and hopefully make some cyber friends. I live in Western Pa (Apollo).

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard cc cowboy.Now your old rd was a great bike in it's time,your new one will blow your mind.Yamaha has come a long way and in my opinion builds one of the best bikes out there.Oh and the grey Yamahas are the fastest.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Springer, thanks for clarifying what needed to be clarified! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I do not work for Coke....I did work for R.C. Cola back in the late 70's. I drove a delivery truck for them and my fellow drivers dubbed me the Coca Cola Cowboy because of my love for country western music(Mel Tillis son Coca Cola Cowboy) I guess RC Cola Cowboy did not have the right ring to it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agreed! Thought I would ask that would be something to run into a "co" worker on here. I grew up north of you in NY. You have great country to ride in. enjoy Mel.........

·
Registered
167 Posts
Howdy! I am new to this forum . This past summer I totaled my Suzuki C50 on the Blue Ridge Parkway and I just purchaed a 2009 950 tourer( haven't even picked it up yet). My first bike was a 1974 Yamaha RD350 so I have been the Yamaha route before. I am looking forward to 'learning' the little idiosycrasies of the new bike and hopefully make some cyber friends. I live in Western Pa (Apollo).
Just curious... I live in Asheville, NC. The parkway is about a mile from my apartment. Where on the parkway did you crash? If you don't mind my asking, what happened?

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just curious... I live in Asheville, NC. The parkway is about a mile from my apartment. Where on the parkway did you crash? If you don't mind my asking, what happened?

Jim
It happened at mile marker 80 going south around middle of the afternoon. I think I just let my mind wander and ended up going off the road and then it was all rolling and tumbling and ended up over an embankment...the bike ended up wrapped around a tree. The road was excellent, the visibility was perfect and the curve was nothing special..so I can only blame myself. The bike (2005 Suzuki C50) was totalled. I spent a few hours in the ER in Bedford , Va. I was very fortunate in that I had no broken bones. My legs were terribly bruised however. ..and about a month later I developed an infection in my left leg and spent a week in the hospital and 3 more weeks at home in IV antibiotics. All in all, not something I want to do again(the hospital that is). I made it 37 years with no accidents...l'll be happy to make it another 37.

·
Administrator
13,683 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts