Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Back to posting again

651 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Keith Post 
#1 ·
Hi! I've been a member of this forum awhile, but lost contact. I don't remember what bike I had when I joined,( have had several-two of which were written off after crashes), but now, my stable includes a '07 RoadStar Midnight (brought up to Silverado + specs, and a '15 1300CT, that I had to find parts to return it to CT specs, due to the P/O saws-alling the bag mounts and putting a 650 windshield on it (you could only fasten two bolts on the mount.
My R* had 6.5k on it when I bought it, now has 56 +k, due to a couple of trips west, following Rte66. The 1300 ( bought @ a year ago, only has had @ 5-6k put on it since purchase. (I use it mostly for around town and short trips, and when the R* is down for service). I have also owned a 650 Classic, a 950T, and another RoadStar. The first and last were victims of crashes. I will try to remember the mods I did on each, and give feedback when possible. If my profile doesn't say it, I'm in Richardson, Texas, am a former submariner, current postal employee (not a carrier), and was born in 1952.

#2 ·
Welcome back. Thanks for your service. I hope it is as good as it was when you joined. I am kind of a noob joined in June and have had a great time. I have had a lot of bikes Hondas and when i sold my 1800VTX last spring i thought i was done riding until the following weekend when i found my 01 1100 classic. I can't believe how much i love the thing! Stop by often and have some fun. The new software was just updated and it seems to work very well. I know it is a little difficult for us old folk to change.

#3 ·
Hi! I've been a member of this forum awhile, but lost contact. I don't remember what bike I had when I joined,( have had several-two of which were written off after crashes), but now, my stable includes a '07 RoadStar Midnight (brought up to Silverado + specs, and a '15 1300CT, that I had to find parts to return it to CT specs, due to the P/O saws-alling the bag mounts and putting a 650 windshield on it (you could only fasten two bolts on the mount.
Welcome back! I was born in '52 and just started riding this summer after retiring. Never had to serve but I am thankful and appreciative of all our vets. Enjoy exploring the forum. Happy trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.