Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess this is a required action prior to posting other threads, so "Howdy!".

Title explanation --> My first touring bike was a first gen Venture. Just prior to moving to Idaho, I traded it off (limited riding weather in Idaho, right?) and as soon as I got settled in Idaho, immediately regretted it. After a brief spell on an old Voyager, I traded up to a second gen Venture. After 9 years and 70K miles, I was lured away by a 2008 Goldwing (it had navigation and NO cassette deck).

This year I saw that a 2018 re-designed Venture had been released, but wasn't enthusiastic about belt drive and twin cylinders after having owned water cooled 4 and 6 cylinder bikes all my life (heat). Then the new Goldwing came out. I made the mistake of looking at one in person. Then riding one. While I could regurgitate all of the plus's and minus's of the new wing, my decision that the bike was not for me boiled down to one thing - my legs are too short to comfortably ride it.

But... The new bike bug had bitten me - HARD. I looked at all the touring bikes available, and test rode some of the locally available bikes, however there wasn't a Venture nearby. I finally rode about 100 miles away to see one in person. That of course lead to a test ride. And THAT lead to a new bike. So - I have owned a first, second and now own a third generation Venture.

I look forward to viewing the comments in these forums, and maybe even occasionally posting one of my own.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

Title explanation --> My first touring bike was a first gen Venture. Just prior to moving to Idaho, I traded it off (limited riding weather in Idaho, right?) and as soon as I got settled in Idaho, immediately regretted it. After a brief spell on an old Voyager, I traded up to a second gen Venture. After 9 years and 70K miles, I was lured away by a 2008 Goldwing (it had navigation and NO cassette deck).

This year I saw that a 2018 re-designed Venture had been released, but wasn't enthusiastic about belt drive and twin cylinders after having owned water cooled 4 and 6 cylinder bikes all my life (heat). Then the new Goldwing came out. I made the mistake of looking at one in person. Then riding one. While I could regurgitate all of the plus's and minus's of the new wing, my decision that the bike was not for me boiled down to one thing - my legs are too short to comfortably ride it.

But... The new bike bug had bitten me - HARD. I looked at all the touring bikes available, and test rode some of the locally available bikes, however there wasn't a Venture nearby. I finally rode about 100 miles away to see one in person. That of course lead to a test ride. And THAT lead to a new bike. So - I have owned a first, second and now own a third generation Venture.

I look forward to viewing the comments in these forums, and maybe even occasionally posting one of my own.
Welcome to the fold froma fellow SVTC owner in North Carolina.
Please post pics of your bike! We’re pretty big on that here.
ALSO, us SVTC Owners have a “tradition” of naming our bikes. Something for you to contemplate.
Look forward to hearing your experiences. We have a number of threads discussing different items we’ve all encountered so that should help you with some questions you may have.
Again, WELCOME!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts

Welcome to the forums from the Netherlands, Mortimerr, and congratulations with the new bike. Excellent choice too!

As Chiefgunner mentions, please do post some pics, we'd love to see your new ride!

Kind regards, Wim

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,400 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome from Southern Oregon, born and raised in Blackfoot. Nice to see some Idaho blood around the forum. Congarats on the bike too. Idaho has fine weather, Cold, cool,warm and blazing hot. Then there is the wind... But glad to see a Pocatello person on here. A great site indeed. Not INL site, but site. :)

·
2,482 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. Those new Ventures sure seem to be attracting a lot of attention. Congrats on the new ride!

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. I second the notion about seeing your new ride. Lots of excitement about the new Venture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts