Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First bike was a Virago 535s, which I gave up after a number of years.
Now back on the road with a new '12 XVS950!

Dealer advised me to save some $ by skipping the Touring edition and customizing it myself. In hindsight, while it saved me some $, it also created a time consuming ordeal and effort to get the components.

As of now, I have added bracket mounted leather saddlebags by US Saddlebags, backrest from Cobra and just installed a 2-UP windshield by Switchblade (National Cycle) this weekend.

I am here to share and learn from fellow enthusiasts.

I am looking to add a charger so I can recharge my Iphone and/GPS on the road. Bought a "EKLIPES EK1-110 Chrome Cobra Ultimate Motorcycle USB Charging System", so if anyone has any tips on connecting it and running it to the handlebars for mounting, would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
13,048 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Hey Vlad,

Welcome - this is a great forum for help with things like that...but we definitely do it more enthusiastically if you post pictures of your bike. Of course, I use the word "we" loosely as I pretty much provide the sarcasm (always enthusiastically of course) since I'm not really good looking enough to provide the eye candy. Looking forward to seeing those pics...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome welcome; back to riding Yamaha and also to the best Star forum on the planet.

I made the same choice when I got my 2012 950 last year... get the non-touring and add my own flair to it.

Ride safe and have fun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
First bike was a Virago 535s, which I gave up after a number of years.
Now back on the road with a new '12 XVS950!

Dealer advised me to save some $ by skipping the Touring edition and customizing it myself. In hindsight, while it saved me some $, it also created a time consuming ordeal and effort to get the components.

As of now, I have added bracket mounted leather saddlebags by US Saddlebags, backrest from Cobra and just installed a 2-UP windshield by Switchblade (National Cycle) this weekend.

I am here to share and learn from fellow enthusiasts.

I am looking to add a charger so I can recharge my Iphone and/GPS on the road. Bought a "EKLIPES EK1-110 Chrome Cobra Ultimate Motorcycle led light System", so if anyone has any tips on connecting it and running it to the handlebars for mounting, would be greatly appreciated
Nice you are back to yamaha..You must share some pics of your bike to make the post exciting..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts