Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2007 Vstar 1100 Classic and bought a backrest (off a Silverado model). There was no hardware included and it looks like there needs to be a spacer (~1/4" per side?) between the side plates and the fender. Any info on what to purchase (width of spacer would be nice to know; assume is metric) at the local hardware store?
Also, do most folks re-install the chrome stay piece to the outside of the plate? Eventually I'll get saddle bags, but I'm looking for any easy on/easy off bag so that I can see the bikes lines when I don't need the bags.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Backrest Mounting

The local Ace Hardware store here has a very good selection of crome spacers, I would guess all the Ace stores would have about the same thing. On a related item, the luggage rack that Yamaha sells for the 1100 Silverado(the one that mounts to the pass seat bolt and lic plate bracket) needs spacers to mount correctly, they are 1/2" I believe. The instructions did not show spacers, nor did they mention them, but you got to have to them to do the job right.Maybe this will be useful to someone.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Spacers

Have 2007 Vstar 1100 Classic and bought a backrest (off a Silverado model). There was no hardware included and it looks like there needs to be a spacer (~1/4" per side?) between the side plates and the fender. Any info on what to purchase (width of spacer would be nice to know; assume is metric) at the local hardware store?
Also, do most folks re-install the chrome stay piece to the outside of the plate? Eventually I'll get saddle bags, but I'm looking for any easy on/easy off bag so that I can see the bikes lines when I don't need the bags.

Thanks for any advice.
It is MUCH to cold here to do much with it now, take down ect, but yes mine do look to be about 1/4, as I said in my last post on this, Ace Hardware would be a good source.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
You are correct, Doug, screws, bolts, ect, for sure will have to be metric, the spacers I was speaking of are pretty much generic, get a hole close to your bolt, screw, whatever, and you are good to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts