Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, New here, just got a 04 custom. I installed viking saddlebags (hard mounted). I'm looking for a passenger backrest. Would a used one off a classic fit? Money is tight so any leads would be appreciated.

·
Registered
778 Posts
You and me both, been looking on Ebay for anything under $100, no dice so far. Let me know if you find anything.

My daughter would love you :)

Hi, New here, just got a 04 custom. I installed viking saddlebags (hard mounted). I'm looking for a passenger backrest. Would a used one off a classic fit? Money is tight so any leads would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't have a Custom, I have a classic, but I just bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250609713640

I'm sure that seller has the same thing for the custom.

I ordered it on Friday before the holiday, and it arrived the next business day (tuesday) from Hong Kong. Shipping was expensive, but even shipped it came to $85.

The thing is solid, though you can tell the pad is made from cheap material (I'll likely replace that soon enough). The chrome pieces are solid. It looks good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, Got a used backrest off of ebay for undre $100 with brackets but no bolts. Installed it along with my viking saddle bags and everything fit great.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thanks for not bidding on the one I got off Ebay for under $100 too. :)

Also picked up a cheap intercom system, it's got wires though.

Thanks everyone, Got a used backrest off of ebay for undre $100 with brackets but no bolts. Installed it along with my viking saddle bags and everything fit great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts