Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Under Setings on the SVTC, there is a toggle to turn on a rear camera. Anyone have any details regarding this?
It is for a “future” accessory. Their planned price point I heard was $249 for the unit. I found one & have it that was only $26 and had great night vision as well. Given the savings, it’s clear WHY they won’t give me any info.
The problem is that even though I found where it connects (it’s a 3 pin plug on the head unit), Yamaha won’t give me any information as to what pin is what. The manual identifies the plug, and if your diligent you can find the plugs location but the prints DO NOT show any wiring. I haven’t taken the time to try and “ring it out”.
I know that the infotainment turns it on & off, so it I can isolate those two pins, then the other will be the video input. If I can get it figured out, I’m sure that I can get a plug connector from electricalconnections.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, Honda already has airbags on their 'Wings. Now back up cameras on Yamaha's. Perhaps lane departure?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is for a “future” accessory. Their planned price point I heard was $249 for the unit. I found one & have it that was only $26 and had great night vision as well. Given the savings, it’s clear WHY they won’t give me any info.
The problem is that even though I found where it connects (it’s a 3 pin plug on the head unit), Yamaha won’t give me any information as to what pin is what. The manual identifies the plug, and if your diligent you can find the plugs location but the prints DO NOT show any wiring. I haven’t taken the time to try and “ring it out”.
I know that the infotainment turns it on & off, so it I can isolate those two pins, then the other will be the video input. If I can get it figured out, I’m sure that I can get a plug connector from electricalconnections.com
On page A-8 of the Service Manual, the connector for the Rear Camera is connector #10 of the Audio Circuit and it's a 6 position connector with 5 pins in use as shown on page A-7. It is shown as an OPTION.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts