Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the baffles in a v-star1100 2008, I have them loose but can't release them from the inside. can anyone give me suggestions that might help.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Can't help you but I was thinking of doing the same. Let me know how loud they are afterwards. I'm kinda hoping to achieve a little more of a throaty grumble. Not too loud.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I am trying to remove the baffles in a v-star1100 2008, I have them loose but can't release them from the inside. can anyone give me suggestions that might help.
Just wondering, how did you get them loose but not release? Did you cut the cone off the rear of your stock pipes? On an 06,( I assume would be the same) there is a lot of hardware in there it seems. Just as a note, if you gut your stock pipes, be sure to re-jet or you will run super hot, as I understand it. Ride safe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
On my 650 baffle gut I used a long flat blade screw driver and went around the pipe edge on the inside plate. The pipe is a wider diameter and the hole in the plate needs to be made bigger. Then I had to twist and rock to get it to come loose. Once you get an edge out it should just slide out, mine did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts