Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a ride with my wife and noticed only the right side (as you sit on the bike) of my front tire is worn out. It on an 06 Roadliner. I thought there were signs of scalopping before but this scared me. Is one of my forks screwed up? The back tire off? One brake dragging? It's an Metzler 880 with about 10,000 km on it. Can anyone help a Brother out?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I would get the front wheel off the ground and spin the tire. Is there a certain route you have been riding?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Under normal riding it's the left side that should be worn down more? Do to the long left turn and short right. It is the side that will wear more. Worn right side is a puzzle?
Ya right side wear hapens in countries that you drive on the left side. Soooo there must be a problem ranging from defective tire to problem with shock on one side, fork adjustment etc., but you should have noticed symptoms indicating something wrong like pulling to oune side , wobble vibration.. It's probably too late to liff the bike and spin the tire because it will be out of whack due to the tire wear. \good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts