Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a few days off and was thinking of dragging my useless carcass out to the garage. I have V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 that fatigue my ears. I have baffles installed. I was thinking about wrapping them with fiberglass packing. I don't expect a significant decibel reduction but does anyone know if I'll get a noticeable difference? If not I don't want to waste my time.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,894 Posts
I've wrapped baffles in the past. Sometimes with great success, others not. From past experience unless you do it there is no way to know the outcome. I usually got a deeper tone with wrapping, took away some on the tinny sound. Keep us posted on results.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Adding packing material to baffles does help mellow the tone, maybe not the overall volume but as lesblank mentioned the obnoxious tinny sound gets subdued. Fiberglass mat is the most prevalent choice for packing material but I've also used stainless steel scrubber pads and they work really well and IMO last longer than fiberglass. The pads can be unrolled and then lightly wound around the baffles or the baffles can be slipped through the middle of the unrolled pad which is like a mesh tube sock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts