Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

It has been awhile since I have posted to the forum. I am still riding, but just took a break from the forum for a little while. I have a 2009 V-Star 950, which had 700 miles when I bought it used in mid 2012. I now have 6,200 miles.:D:D

OK, the Battery is not holding a charge now after it sits for several days. I have "Push Started" it 4 or 5 times (Not fun when the bike weighs so much) and I think she is on her last leg.

I would like a few SOLID recommendations for a Replacement Battery?

I have an Upgraded Ballast & Headlight, A Custom Dynamics "Triple Play" Flashing Rear Brake Light, and I STILL have a Florida Joe LED Kit I bought WELL OVER a year ago that I still haven't installed.

I say this just so you know I have (or WILL HAVE) a lot going on under the seat, so maybe I benefit from a certain battery because of my increased electrical requirements.

I did just about every MOD you can do, so I ran out of motivation. I also bought a used set (MINT Condition) of Yamaha "Hard Bags" off a V-Star 950 Cruiser and I Really Love them!

OK I appreciate your comments in advance and YES I will use the search button, but I just wanted to get back on the forum with you guys.

The Bandit...........:D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bevo,

I really appreciate your reply! I had to push start the Bike tonight while I was at a Gas Station.

I am going to look at the Alien because of the size and weight, or I will just get a YTZ14S Motocross 12v 220 CCA AGM Motorcycle Battery for $121.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Ordered a New YUSA off Amazon . I figured it already lasted a long time and are great batteries. I almost got the Alien, since it's light, but decided to go with something that is a Proven Winner.

Yuasa YTZ14S Battery off Amazon. Also got a Trickle Charger
$133.99

1 - 5 of 5 Posts