Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The metal kind found attached to my bike and not the kind that stores my favorite refreshment.
I have done a search and still haven't had my questions answered. I have an 05 Roadstar with stock bars on it. I also have the Memphis Shades Batwing. The stock bars are just a tad low for me. I would like maybe a set of mini ape style bars but I am not looking for anything too tall. I also would like to stay behind the fairing (when its attached). I have heard rumblings about using Royal Star bars, but have yet to see any comparison pictures. I definitely prefer to not extend the cables and electrics.
I am looking for advise and I know with the "Talent" on this site I should find some answers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
bars

Well I'm not logged off yet so here we go.

My roady had fat bars. Looked like big fat drag bars. 1.25" versus 1".
Least that is how I saw it. They bolted to the triple tree without risers. Some of my earlier statements about parts and bikers is because Star bikes are not popular where I live. Harley's are... Thus the harley parts on my Roady. The bars were changed to FL bars and used risers that looked to be Kuryakin. Star has risers that are curved back toward the rider. Check with a large dealer or get a star catalogue. BTW star makes kick a** performance parts for the 102 cubic.
Anyhoo, I digress... If you use Harley bars there will be a slight mod for the throttle/switch side. The left side will be easy just have your mind made up! Enjoy!

see ya
mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow

I really figured I would have got more responses to this question on here. Still looking for better fitting bars. Need something that is higher but still fits behind the batwing.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
The metal kind found attached to my bike and not the kind that stores my favorite refreshment.
I have done a search and still haven't had my questions answered. I have an 05 Roadstar with stock bars on it. I also have the Memphis Shades Batwing. The stock bars are just a tad low for me. I would like maybe a set of mini ape style bars but I am not looking for anything too tall. I also would like to stay behind the fairing (when its attached). I have heard rumblings about using Royal Star bars, but have yet to see any comparison pictures. I definitely prefer to not extend the cables and electrics.
I am looking for advise and I know with the "Talent" on this site I should find some answers.
I have a royal star in the gargage i am rebuilding. If you would like I can take measurements and pics of the height, width, and pull back if you like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts