Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Bars

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  JuTatu 
#1 · (Edited)
Ive found allot of the different handle bars available, but I am 5'7" tall and need a different set for my 08 1300 tourer. Its a stretch. What do you recommend?

#2 ·
Scratch that. Im going to try the RSTD Baron bars. Can I use my stock grips or do I need new ones.

#4 ·
I,m 5.6 found stock bars a (reach) I installed a set of buckhorn bars its made it so I don't have to grab / pull its like fingertip steering. cables etc fit you have to watch as some bars are a bit thicker so grips are hard to install. ps I also put a set of risers on its a 650 classic
Thanks Roadster. Do you know if your 650 bars are the same as my 1300? I think the 950 bars are but I don't know about the 650.

#6 ·
Yah whats the difference between those and RSTD bars?

#8 ·
#10 ·
Get some cheap pvc and hold it up to what feels comfortable and get a friend to measure the distance. Get the stock dimensions and then search for bars that have the extra pull back you want. I am sure the 1300s are 1" as well so you can use any bar from any manufacturer as long as it fits inside the mounts. Also, a cheap set of risers with a 4 or 6 inch pullback may help you with only swapping those out as well.

#11 ·
The 1300 does not have any such thing as a cheap set of risers as the the speedo is part of the bar mounts so they are not able to use normal risers. Everything I have found shows that nobody makes risers for the 1300 except one company and they are not cheap. I can not remember the company that makes them.

#13 ·
I decided on the Baron RSTD bars. For 100 bucks I can sell them if I don't like them. But I'm pretty sure I will. I did the PVC thing and got the measurements. I think they will be great,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.