Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting a 2009 V-Star 1300 Tourer (Blue) and doing searches for basic parts. Its used and has only 1756 Miles on it. Not sure of the maintenance. The Store has serviced it and I am adding highway bars initially. Cannot afford the nicer parts like a K&N Air Filter, Oil Filter yes. Magnetic Oil Plug, etc. Later on I can go for better. But looking for the part number and a good place to pickup the most used parts that you normally change out or maybe a link to this info. I am sure its here somewhere and did a search on Google. Seems everything is K&N Only. I appreciate any help or direction. Thanks!!

Bill

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Just getting a 2009 V-Star 1300 Tourer (Blue) and doing searches for basic parts. Its used and has only 1756 Miles on it. Not sure of the maintenance. The Store has serviced it and I am adding highway bars initially. Cannot afford the nicer parts like a K&N Air Filter, Oil Filter yes. Magnetic Oil Plug, etc. Later on I can go for better. But looking for the part number and a good place to pickup the most used parts that you normally change out or maybe a link to this info. I am sure its here somewhere and did a search on Google. Seems everything is K&N Only. I appreciate any help or direction. Thanks!!

Bill
the only parts that seem to wearout on star motorcycles are tires and brakes and of course fluids. other than that their mostly trouble free. oh yeah and the battery. i change bulbs once in awhile when they look dim but none of em ever burned out. with your milage the belt will go years before it gets old.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Much! I downloaded the Owners and Maintenance Manual. Neither have any part #'s that I can find. It is being delivered Wed, so anxious to get familiar with it and looking forward to a nice ride. I am looking forward to learning a lot and getting some much needed riding in. I will post pictures on the Introduce Yourself page to add to that thread.

Bill

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the links! I have them all bookmarked so I can find them when the time comes. Many Thanks! Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts