Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, another off the wall post. My wife convinced me a few weeks ago to do a "light" master bath remodel. New floor and stone facade on front of bathtub among other stuff. Turned out pretty good, at least to my wife, and that's really all that really counts. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Took me a week off and on after work. So there's been no extra riding for me, can I get a few extra miles added to the monthly mileage challenge and blame my wife? Look OK to y'all.

·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Really nice work there Les.
No extra miles but you get three extra "Atta Boys" this month
Thanks, can I trade three "Atta Boys" for at least one mile? I tried to talk her into new faucets but she declined the offer.

·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I think Cliffieg was wondering if you could talk Roadguy into remodeling his bathroom.
Very nice Job. I remodeled mine 20 yrs ago gutted, green board ceramic tile new plumbing.
My bathroom is a little smaller. I bought a 6x9 remnent of linoleum amd had enough to do the floor twice. The worst part is i have only 1 bathroom for 6 people.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good work Les!
When I can't ride, I try to get this house into shape.
I have been doing some knockdown textured walls and ceiling in my hallway.
When I bought this house last year, someone painted it with a light grey flat latex paint to hide imperfections on the walls. Part of the wall had a garbage looking spray texture to it.
The garage is another story.
It's small and hard to find places for all my stuff.

·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think Cliffieg was wondering if you could talk Roadguy into remodeling his bathroom.
Very nice Job. I remodeled mine 20 yrs ago gutted, green board ceramic tile new plumbing.
My bathroom is a little smaller. I bought a 6x9 remnent of linoleum amd had enough to do the floor twice. The worst part is i have only 1 bathroom for 6 people.
I can just imagine the line every morning.

·
2,503 Posts
Looks good Les. Can't imagine why she doesn't want those classy faucets. ;)

Our main bath is at the top of the honey do list but it's going to take more than a light upgrade. 50 year old plywood door cabinets, drawers that slide on wooden rails, cheesy tile countertop, what appear to be 10" floor tiles as a shower surround, and tiles that have been painted and are peeling. And who knows what else I'll find when I tear into things.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Looks good Les. Can't imagine why she doesn't want those classy faucets. ;)

Our main bath is at the top of the honey do list but it's going to take more than a light upgrade. 50 year old plywood door cabinets, drawers that slide on wooden rails, cheesy tile countertop, what appear to be 10" floor tiles as a shower surround, and tiles that have been painted and are peeling. And who knows what else I'll find when I tear into things.
Demos are the worst.
Rather do ground up construction!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Now that the 2 older boys moved out it is me and 3 women. Yes i do put the seat and cover down. I do get a little sympathy from the cat because he is a male.
At home it is me & 2 females. I put the seat AND lid down. This way we all have to lift something.
To me it is fair & equal. Any other way, it is not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
300 Posts
Looks very good Les. I like the tile up the side of the tub. Is it the same as the floor tile, or not? Almost looks a little different, like back splash style.

My last bath remodel was a little more involved. It was the second I've done in this house, and still have one more that I really should think about digging into.

·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. The tub facade is actually back splash tile. Wife picked it out. She likes it. Went up pretty easy.

·
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks very good Les. I like the tile up the side of the tub. Is it the same as the floor tile, or not? Almost looks a little different, like back splash style.

My last bath remodel was a little more involved. It was the second I've done in this house, and still have one more that I really should think about digging into.

Remodeling can be challenging. I like the way you cut the tub in half to get it out. You actually made 2 tubs just my size. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: . I'm about to outgrow my old one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts