Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
My garage is insulated, heated only when I'm going to be out there. Also its attached to the house. Temp rarely drops much below freezing by much. Perfect for the summer vehicle batteries to winter over on maintainers! I wouldn't store any battery near a heat source, or in your living space. The fumes will cause problems, you don't want to be breathing them either!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I agree with the summer battery thing. Right now i have 3 boat batteries and one rv battery on tenders right now and the classic will be soon also.

·
Super Moderator
3,951 Posts
I only have a trickle charger, not a battery tender, so it doesn't shut off when a certain voltage is reached. My garage isn't heated and it gets pretty frigid in winter up here in the great white north. I bring my battery inside and put it on a shelf in my basement storage room. Once a month I put it on the charger for 24 hours. Never lost a battery yet using this method.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I only have a trickle charger, not a battery tender, so it doesn't shut off when a certain voltage is reached. My garage isn't heated and it gets pretty frigid in winter up here in the great white north. I bring my battery inside and put it on a shelf in my basement storage room. Once a month I put it on the charger for 24 hours. Never lost a battery yet using this method.
I used to do that but i found my boat batteries are a lot stronger in the spring first time out. Bike not a great difference. I would saymy boat batteries last twice as long.

·
Registered
'14 1300 Tourer
255 Posts
Once the stock battery goes, I buy Cheapos from auto-zone.
Only used the BT in the colder months. My buddy suggested using it all the time, so that's what I've been doing. A cheap battery lasted me 2-2 1/2 years. now I get 5 or 6 years out of it.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I used to have one of those until I blew my shoulder flipping it.
I have this theory if you don't flip your boat you don't have to flip it back and don't get wet. If i wanted to do that i would just use an inner-tube. I did fish out of a kayak once it was pretty neat

21 - 29 of 29 Posts